Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

04 Tacoma Prerunner Double Cab pics

Old 03-17-2010, 01:39 PM   #1
evil_tt is on a distinguished road
evil_tt's Tacoma Gallery
04 Tacoma Prerunner Double Cab pics

Hey Guys,

Just wanted to post up some pics and vent about the difficulties to find a clean, legit, not too overpriced Prerunner or 4x4 in Socal. Everything was either too beat or just overpriced. After weeks of soul searching, I found this 04 Tacoma Prerunner from the Original Owner, a really hot chick, but she totally babied the car. It has 89k miles, its clean, its stock(although I just upgraded to K&N filter) and smells like a hot chicks car which is good and bad but better than smelling like an old manís asshole. Talked her down from 13K to 11.5K so I was pretty happy about that. Itís not 4x4 or TRD, which I was alittle disappointed about, but itís a solid DD and reliable. From recent girlfriend complaints, Iíll be getting side step bars soon, although still researching and not sure which I should go with. All Comments and suggestions are welcome=)

Bed-linner was never used

Puppy Approved
Old 03-17-2010, 01:47 PM   #2
Dang liberals.
tacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
tacomaprerunner's Tacoma Gallery
Great looking truck man. I've got an '01 Prerunner DC TRD, and I haven't had any problems. You'll love your truck.
Old 03-17-2010, 01:54 PM   #3
Idrivetoys has much to be proud ofIdrivetoys has much to be proud ofIdrivetoys has much to be proud ofIdrivetoys has much to be proud ofIdrivetoys has much to be proud ofIdrivetoys has much to be proud ofIdrivetoys has much to be proud ofIdrivetoys has much to be proud ofIdrivetoys has much to be proud ofIdrivetoys has much to be proud of
Marines: 1341/1343/6222
Name: Ryan
Idrivetoys's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaprerunner View Post
Great looking truck man. I've got an '01 Prerunner DC TRD, and I haven't had any problems. You'll love your truck.

+1
Old 03-17-2010, 02:01 PM   #4
RPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
RPain's Tacoma Gallery
haha gotta love the smell of them hot chicks
Old 03-17-2010, 02:30 PM   #5
SunDevilTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunDevilTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunDevilTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunDevilTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunDevilTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunDevilTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunDevilTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunDevilTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunDevilTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunDevilTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunDevilTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Doug
SunDevilTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Nice ride! Congrats on the truck and welcome to the forum.
Old 03-17-2010, 02:32 PM   #6
CopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Maximum Security Correctional Officer
Name: Matt
CopDoctor's Tacoma Gallery
congrats on the purchase! you sure you want step bars? how bout some sliders?
Old 03-17-2010, 04:12 PM   #7
evil_tt's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CopDoctor View Post
congrats on the purchase! you sure you want step bars? how bout some sliders?
I just checked out sliders, they look wicked. Unfortuantly my girlfriend is 5 foot and needs something much lower to step in, I currently have to provide the old school boost method.
Old 03-17-2010, 04:14 PM   #8
cole47 is a splendid one to beholdcole47 is a splendid one to beholdcole47 is a splendid one to beholdcole47 is a splendid one to beholdcole47 is a splendid one to beholdcole47 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Cole
cole47's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to cole47
clean truck, love mine
Old 03-17-2010, 05:01 PM   #9
04YodaTaco will become famous soon enough
04YodaTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by evil_tt View Post
Hey Guys,

Just wanted to post up some pics and vent about the difficulties to find a clean, legit, not too overpriced Prerunner or 4x4 in Socal. Everything was either too beat or just overpriced. After weeks of soul searching, I found this 04 Tacoma Prerunner from the Original Owner, a really hot chick, but she totally babied the car. It has 89k miles, its clean, its stock(although I just upgraded to K&N filter) and smells like a hot chicks car which is good and bad but better than smelling like an old manís asshole. Talked her down from 13K to 11.5K so I was pretty happy about that. Itís not 4x4 or TRD, which I was alittle disappointed about, but itís a solid DD and reliable. From recent girlfriend complaints, Iíll be getting side step bars soon, although still researching and not sure which I should go with. All Comments and suggestions are welcome!
I live on the other side of the country but I know what you mean. I wanted a 1st gen.base model 4x4 with a 5-speed and low miles. Took me about 4 months of active searching to find a good one and even then I had to settle on an automatic. The auto is better than I expected it to be though so I am pretty happy, especially with the truck only having 29k on it(50k now).

That truck looks well taken care of from the pics. With regular maintenance it will most likely last many miles for you. Lots of good tips on this website. Congrats on your purchase!
Old 03-17-2010, 05:06 PM   #10
Juiceman will become famous soon enough
Juiceman's Tacoma Gallery
100k sounds like she just broke in.....oh and ugh....nice ANALogy on the old mans rear end and hot chick scent

congrats, i love 1st gen dc's
Old 03-17-2010, 05:10 PM   #11
LT Chase Truck
mikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mohawk Mike
mikesdoublecab's Tacoma Gallery
hey, i know that truck...

we rolled the odometer back for her 4 weeks ago...

you might want to spray some lysol on the mold under the passenger rear carpet...

Old 03-17-2010, 05:36 PM   #13
ETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Evan
ETaco23's Tacoma Gallery
^^^
Very nice truck man! I had same exact thing happen to me. Found my truck and happened to be a hot chick that was married though...
And she baby it and took really good care of it, and so we both got pretty lucky on our trucks!
Gotta love them hot chicks in Tacoma's!!
Old 03-17-2010, 07:19 PM   #16
Time to get dirty!
monoman is a splendid one to beholdmonoman is a splendid one to beholdmonoman is a splendid one to beholdmonoman is a splendid one to beholdmonoman is a splendid one to beholdmonoman is a splendid one to beholdmonoman is a splendid one to behold

Name: Dave
monoman's Tacoma Gallery
I love mine. I've been very happy with it. It took me 6 months to find it. These trucks are somewhat hard to find, especially with only 14,000 miles on them! I wouldn't trade it for anything!
Old 03-17-2010, 09:11 PM   #17
Johnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Johnnie's Tacoma Gallery
I have an '01 Prerunner 2.7. It's a great truck and take a lot of abuse. Don't kid yourself. You'll end up lifting it and installing sliders. My wife is 5'2" and she can climb in.

Old 03-17-2010, 09:40 PM   #18
Tacoma addict
mtucker has a spectacular aura aboutmtucker has a spectacular aura aboutmtucker has a spectacular aura about

Name: Matt
mtucker's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by evil_tt View Post
Hey Guys,
Just wanted to post up some pics and vent about the difficulties to find a clean, legit, not too overpriced Prerunner or 4x4 in Socal. Everything was either too beat or just overpriced. After weeks of soul searching, I found this 04 Tacoma Prerunner from the Original Owner, a really hot chick, but she totally babied the car. It has 89k miles, its clean, its stock(although I just upgraded to K&N filter) and smells like a hot chicks car which is good and bad but better than smelling like an old manís asshole. Talked her down from 13K to 11.5K so I was pretty happy about that. Itís not 4x4 or TRD, which I was alittle disappointed about, but itís a solid DD and reliable. From recent girlfriend complaints, Iíll be getting side step bars soon, although still researching and not sure which I should go with. All Comments and suggestions are welcome=)
That is a great deal. I bought just about the same truck 03, DC, lunar mist, SR5 with 65K miles and paid 13K from a used car place. I looked for over a month. Toyota dealers had some low mileage vehicles, but wanted 16K or so.
I went with the Westin Signature nerf bars in black (picture attached). They are good quality and bolt right on. Even my 3 year old daughter can use the nerf bars to get in the cab with a little effort.

As far as other upgrades to consider...... I went with some Bilstein 5100 shocks up front to help level her out (they raised the front end about a inch and gave a much better ride). The stereo and door speakers are easy to replace on your own. A sub is a tight fit behind the rear seat, but you can make some fit. Welcome to TW and enjoy the truck!
Matt
Attached Thumbnails
04 Tacoma Prerunner Double Cab pics-25-1685.jpg  
Old 03-18-2010, 12:46 AM   #19
kumaWRX has much to be proud ofkumaWRX has much to be proud ofkumaWRX has much to be proud ofkumaWRX has much to be proud ofkumaWRX has much to be proud ofkumaWRX has much to be proud ofkumaWRX has much to be proud ofkumaWRX has much to be proud of
kumaWRX's Tacoma Gallery
I had a similar search for my truck minus the hot chick. I searched for a year to find my truck which was absolutely immaculate w/ only 36k miles and the owner did the complete 30k mile service. The reason why it took so long for me to find my truck was because I wanted an all black, color-keyed TRD Offroad Prerunner in immaculate condition preferably owned by a hot chick
Old 03-18-2010, 07:56 AM   #20
evil_tt's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesdoublecab View Post
hey, i know that truck...
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesdoublecab View Post

we rolled the odometer back for her 4 weeks ago...

you might want to spray some lysol on the mold under the passenger rear carpet...
I stared at this for 5 minutes thinking about the possibilities, thanks for an early stroke!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtucker View Post
That is a great deal. I bought just about the same truck 03, DC, lunar mist, SR5 with 65K miles and paid 13K from a used car place. I looked for over a month. Toyota dealers had some low mileage vehicles, but wanted 16K or so.
I went with the Westin Signature nerf bars in black (picture attached). They are good quality and bolt right on. Even my 3 year old daughter can use the nerf bars to get in the cab with a little effort.

As far as other upgrades to consider...... I went with some Bilstein 5100 shocks up front to help level her out (they raised the front end about a inch and gave a much better ride). The stereo and door speakers are easy to replace on your own. A sub is a tight fit behind the rear seat, but you can make some fit. Welcome to TW and enjoy the truck!
Matt
Thanks for all the helpful info =) I was totally checking out those side steps yesterday, they looked clean but wanted to see them on a LM Tacoma, sexy. The stereo/speaker swap is a must, although the classic 8-track sound is nostalgic(for my parents), it definitely requires updating.