Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Bike roof rack question

Old 03-20-2010, 12:56 PM   #1
seancanterbury will become famous soon enough

seancanterbury's Tacoma Gallery
Bike roof rack question

I have an 02 xtra cab that I want to put a roof rack on for my bikes. I know the cab is pretty short and the bikes would have to hang a bit over the front of the windshield, but I have seen it done on other cars with similar situations. Does anyone have any pictures of their 1st gen xtra cab with a roof rack? Also does anyone know which yakima foot mounts I would need? I'm just throwing yakima out there because I have a rail system already. I could however go with a different brand if someone has a recommendation. Thanks for the help
Old 04-06-2010, 12:55 AM   #2
x2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

x2468's Tacoma Gallery
+1
Old 04-06-2010, 06:02 PM   #3
Duck Killing Machine
Siebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: CJ
Siebler's Tacoma Gallery
Yakima and Thule do not make a roof top mount for the 1st gen ex cab, only double cab.

You can do a custom mount using a Thule Tracker foot pack and either Top Tracks or a TK base kit.

If you want more info on doing a custom set-up shoot me an email. I have a 99 taco and have spoken with my Thule Rep (I am a dealer) about doing this a few times. It will require drilling into the roof.....

cj@oexcalifornia.com
Old 04-07-2010, 09:20 AM   #4
jdmbooger is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmbooger is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmbooger is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmbooger is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmbooger is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmbooger is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmbooger is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmbooger is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmbooger is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmbooger is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmbooger is one of the sharper tools in the shed
jdmbooger's Tacoma Gallery
Just get Yakima landing pads, control towers, crossbars, and then whatever rack you wanted! There are lots of different landing pads available so be sure to look them over on Yakima's website. I think landing pad #6 or #7 may work on the roof of a Tacoma!