1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

my music is dead! help save my music

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by 4421.frank, Mar 21, 2010.

1. Mar 21, 2010 at 3:24 AM
    4421.frank

4421.frank [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Southside chicago
    Vehicle:
    02 double cab prerunner supercharged
    nasty dent on driver's side bed panel, shabby seats, cigarette burned interior roof, missing berf bar pad, cracked rain visor, removed hood scoop, unmentionable stain on back bench?
    So my speaker in the passenger side door finally tooka shit after some warnings the other day. The low bass vibrations rattle and hum like a deflated balloon.

I have a factory cd\tape stereo with factory speakers, but would like a little more out of my music( must not listen to slayer and type o negative on a busted speaker(s)) what's and aging metal head to do?

I would jump for a new head unit if I knew a good option for my truck and needs. Basically i am looking for something I can play cd's on with a tuner and has a direct port for my Ipod. Any ideas?

As for the speakers? Well I am totally in the dark on that one. What do I go for? Is it something I can on my own? What do I replace it with? I suspect i should replace the both of the speakers( both driver and and passenger). What give me some good performance with out a having to need an amp?

ThaNKs for info and input. thanks, until then........ there will be alot of acoustic and classic rock being played . adios muchachos :D

2. Mar 21, 2010 at 4:28 AM
    Taco John

Taco John Well-Known Member

Member:
    Illinois
    Vehicle:
    4X4
    Crutchfield is a good place to start researching. They have a good selection and variety of pricing options and they are pretty helpful if you aren't an audiophile.

http://www.crutchfield.com/

3. Mar 21, 2010 at 4:55 AM
    Blackshirts

Blackshirts Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    TX
    Vehicle:
    09 PreRunner-Totaled. 2016 SR5 Blue DC
    Stuff
    Okay as for your head unit something Ipod ready there are alot of choices. The Kenwood Model: KDC-MP345U is good has an easy USP on the front for easy disco and has detach face. There are plenty others. For me when I am choseing a head unit I want to see it. Play with all the functions see if it will work for me. I say go to a best buy near you or what ever store that has audio. Look at em and then make your choice.

Speakers choices and size. First have you pulled the door pannels off to see what size the are. From what I can find they are 6X8 but not too sure. If your looking for inexpensive go with Pioneers,Kenwoods,Alpine,JVC. Heck it all depends on how much $ you want to throw at it. I read that some have fit 6X9 in the doors but I am not sure if you would need a speaker install kit. Maybe some of the first gen guys can help ya lil more. Good luck to ya.

4. Mar 21, 2010 at 6:16 AM
    maconhurler

maconhurler Well-Known Member

Member:
    Harrisonburg, VA
    Vehicle:
    04 4wd v6 sr5
    Deckplate Mod, Catz Fog lights, Roll Top Tonneau Cover, Pioneer Premier 800prs HU, 10" Kicker L7, Kicker 5 1/4 components, Polk dB 5x7s, Oznium superflux puddle lights and bed lights
    Agree with the Crutchfield.com choice. I'm lucky enough to live by a retail store. Always helpful and have the best customer service I have ever used. I had an old Kicker sub (paid $100) blow on me years ago, returned it and the guy said well we don't have that model anymore, so he shows up with the brand new model ($300) didn't have to pay the difference, no questions asked, even handed me a screwdriver to take it out of the box.

Products Discussed in

To Top