Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

stupid mudflap questions

Old 03-21-2010, 07:21 AM   #1
coehorn1 is on a distinguished road
coehorn1's Tacoma Gallery
stupid mudflap questions

My toy truck did not have any mudflaps when I bought it. The dirt roads I'm traveling are throwing tons of mud on the rear quarter panels.

Who makes the most functional mudflaps? Does anyone make them with a very narrow strip of chrome at the bottom for tailgaters?

How did Toyota mount these things? I've got black plastic wheel-well overfenders several inches wide and I don't see obvious mount point points.....
Old 03-21-2010, 07:24 AM   #2
JJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Sgt (Advisor Instructor 0311)
Name: Jay
JJ Customs's Tacoma Gallery
I am sure you can find what you are looking for in the aftermarket or get some stokers and add the chrome strip with rivets or something of that nature. As for the mounting, I am sure one of the 1st gen guys will chime in for ya. Overall I can adapt most anything to work other than that use google to find something specific. Lots a places like weathertech make aftermarket mud flaps.
Old 03-21-2010, 07:58 AM   #3
Lube: It's the key to penetration.
STLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Charlotte VRS: EMT/Driver
Name: Harry
STLharry's Tacoma Gallery
Duct tape some old floor mats to the back of the rear fenders!!

But seriously, just look aftermarket. As for mounts, I just took mine off (well, one got torn off sort of) and there are three bolts that hold metal mounts to the inside of the fender ans three bolts that hold the rubber flaps to the metal mounts. Couldn't tell you exactly where the bolts are, but they're on the inside of the fender area.