Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Sas?

Old 03-21-2010, 08:59 PM   #1
Nobama1021 is on a distinguished road
Nobama1021's Tacoma Gallery
Sas?

I i have decided to go against LT because i dont want to deal with cv's. so what do i need to do an sas (solid axle swap) beside the solid axle obviously
Old 03-21-2010, 09:01 PM   #2
Fuelled by plutonium and wild animals
Blumpkinson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlumpkinson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlumpkinson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlumpkinson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlumpkinson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlumpkinson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlumpkinson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlumpkinson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlumpkinson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlumpkinson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlumpkinson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
Blumpkinson's Tacoma Gallery
A bunch of money and some serious know how
Old 03-21-2010, 09:03 PM   #3
CRAZY 4WHEELER
desertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Location: From the Mojave desert now in Wild and Wonderful West Virginia
desertdude59's Tacoma Gallery
Its a lot of work and a lot of cash.
Old 03-21-2010, 09:05 PM   #4
ktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ktmrider's Tacoma Gallery
a shop around you and your bank account number to give to them. Reconsider LT, its just so sick.
Old 03-21-2010, 09:20 PM   #5
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
LT isnt always the best option

if youre big into wheelin anywhere but near the desert...beeg rawks + solid axle = fun

as far as doing the swap...if you dont know what your doing, look into local rig builders and start shopping

its a LOT of time, money, and work...but the end result when done right is well worth it

btw...where are you located (OP)
Old 03-21-2010, 09:20 PM   #6
yea but i hate cv axles! ahh they piss me off. i have a guy who is willing to trade me work on his motorcycle and he will put on my straight axle. its an 01 single cab by the way.
Old 03-21-2010, 09:27 PM   #7
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

does he know what he's doing?
Old 03-21-2010, 09:27 PM   #8
taco?
MotoXdoer is one of the sharper tools in the shedMotoXdoer is one of the sharper tools in the shedMotoXdoer is one of the sharper tools in the shedMotoXdoer is one of the sharper tools in the shedMotoXdoer is one of the sharper tools in the shedMotoXdoer is one of the sharper tools in the shedMotoXdoer is one of the sharper tools in the shedMotoXdoer is one of the sharper tools in the shedMotoXdoer is one of the sharper tools in the shedMotoXdoer is one of the sharper tools in the shedMotoXdoer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: emt/cal fire
Name: Nate
MotoXdoer's Tacoma Gallery
considering u have a 4x4 already, u need a bomb proof wide track 10 8" dana 44 front axle. (IFS) independent suspension eliminator kit. leaf springs pack, new struts and mounting brackets. new drive lines. new brake lines. possibly ne w torque converter and transfer case and a lot of weld/ fab skills. pan on at least spending 5-7k if u do it and have the knowledge urself. foothill offroad can make the perfect new dana 44 to fit exact dimensions for ur truck but for 3k
Old 03-21-2010, 09:30 PM   #9
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!

if i spent the money to convert to a solid front axle i'd be going with something other than a D44...just personal opinion...
Old 03-21-2010, 09:30 PM   #10
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!

btw...heres a good place to start reading

http://www.tacomaterritory.com/forum...splay.php?f=36
Old 03-21-2010, 09:31 PM   #11
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoXdoer View Post
considering u have a 4x4 already, u need a bomb proof wide track 10 8" dana 44 front axle. (IFS) independent suspension eliminator kit. leaf springs pack, new struts and mounting brackets. new drive lines. new brake lines. possibly ne w torque converter and transfer case and a lot of weld/ fab skills. pan on at least spending 5-7k if u do it and have the knowledge urself. foothill offroad can make the perfect new dana 44 to fit exact dimensions for ur truck but for 3k

ok thank you. i will probably buy a stock straight axle. and yes he knows what he is doing. he had done alot of sas and other fab.
Old 03-21-2010, 09:33 PM   #12
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!

here's a really nice build

http://www.tacomaterritory.com/forum...d.php?t=102614
Old 03-21-2010, 09:36 PM   #13
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobama1021 View Post
ok thank you. i will probably buy a stock straight axle. and yes he knows what he is doing. he had done alot of sas and other fab.
what do you mean buy a stock straight axle?
Old 03-21-2010, 09:40 PM   #14
stock toyota straight axle (pre '74 correct me if i am wrong)
Old 03-21-2010, 09:43 PM   #15
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!

Quote:
stock toyota straight axle (pre '74 correct me if i am wrong)
ah ok...if youre keeping it cheap then toy axles are definately the way to go but i think you can find one up to around 82 or so

once you get that...wheel it till you break a birfield and then replace them with Bobby Long Longfield chromoly birfs
Old 03-21-2010, 09:46 PM   #16
taco?
MotoXdoer is one of the sharper tools in the shedMotoXdoer is one of the sharper tools in the shedMotoXdoer is one of the sharper tools in the shedMotoXdoer is one of the sharper tools in the shedMotoXdoer is one of the sharper tools in the shedMotoXdoer is one of the sharper tools in the shedMotoXdoer is one of the sharper tools in the shedMotoXdoer is one of the sharper tools in the shedMotoXdoer is one of the sharper tools in the shedMotoXdoer is one of the sharper tools in the shedMotoXdoer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

wheel it till you break a birfield and then replace them with Bobby Long Longfield chromoly birfs [/quote]
x2 definitely if ur running 35" or taller tires. check out silverseven's build. he's also apart of rocksoildtoys.com
Old 03-21-2010, 09:48 PM   #17
taco?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerfan00 View Post
if i spent the money to convert to a solid front axle i'd be going with something other than a D44...just personal opinion...
yea prob dana 60's for some serious 4x. they weigh so much. your truck would weigh 6k lbs with 37's
Old 03-21-2010, 09:51 PM   #18
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoXdoer View Post
yea prob dana 60's for some serious 4x. they weigh so much. your truck would weigh 6k lbs with 37's

oh damn that heavy.... hello LS1! haha
Old 03-21-2010, 09:54 PM   #19
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!

might as well put rockwells under it then...

in all seriousness...an elocked front axle out of a land cruiser would be a great setup
Old 03-21-2010, 09:54 PM   #20
taco?

Quote:
oh damn that heavy.... hello LS1! haha
that would be sic. im planning out everything i need for the instal. gonna hack my 2nd gen up next semester n welding/fab shop. wanted lt kit, but i think i would have more fun making my own trail