1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

99 tacoma coolant reservoir spews

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by j4roe, Mar 22, 2010.

1. Mar 22, 2010 at 3:52 PM
    j4roe

j4roe [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    Phx, AZ
    Vehicle:
    1st Gen
    Solo Motorsports 3.5 with heimed tubular uppers, Total Chaos spindle gusset, King 8" CO, Glassworks 3'' front glass, tube bumper, 4 25w 1000L Bumper LED, 2 Rigid Pod lights, 35" Toyo Open Country AT, Fiberworx 3'' Bedsides, Deaver F55, Custom 9" Shackle, Bilstein 7100 14" 2.0 smooth body w/resi
    I have a 99 3.4, a couple of times now on roadtrips, out of nowhere the reservoir just spews while I'm driving, but the truck temp stays the same and the radiator is still full. The first couple of times I thought the Res. Cap had come off because u can see the coolant spewing out onto my Hood between the Hood and flaired fender. The cap is definitely on, so why do I keep spewing out of the reservoir?????? It only happens on the highway and usually at high rpms above 70 MPH.......... help please.

2. Mar 23, 2010 at 7:27 PM
    kevhogaz

kevhogaz Low Speed, High Drag

Member:
    Queen Creek, Arizona
    Vehicle:
    SR5 PreRunner
    3" lift front & rear, Air Raid Intake System
    Your truck is overheating, and the cap is at max pressure, releasing the coolant in to the resevoir.

Check your heads in the back, by the firewall. That's where they usually start to leak. Also check out your water pump for leakage.

Products Discussed in

To Top