LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Need to know what my rigs worth!

Old 03-24-2010, 06:01 PM   #1
tacocat23 is on a distinguished road
tacocat23's Tacoma Gallery
Need to know what my rigs worth!

This Taco was my late son's. He put his heart and soul into it. He passed at the age of 16 in 2007 10 days before his 17th birthday. He did not get to enjoy all the mods that he worked so hard for. I've been looking around on the interwebs for a similar truck with no luck. I found one 1996 with no mods for $11K. I am considering selling it but need to know what a fair price would be. Any help you kind folks share would be greatly appriciated. Here are the particulars:
  • 257K miles
  • SR5 extra cab
  • New off road clutch
  • New Magna Flow exhaust
  • New timing belt and water pump
  • New wheel bearings and seals
  • New calipars and breaks
  • Recent top end service
  • 3" Fabtech Suspension system with coil overs
  • 3" Performance Accessories body lift
  • 33x12.50r15 Maxxis Bighorns
  • 15x8 Incubus Offroad wheels
  • ARB bumper with custom brackets to accomodate 3" body lift
  • Allsouth Customs full front end 1/4" skidplate laser engraved
  • 8,000lb. Ramsey winch (never used)
  • Optima red top battery
  • 2 Hella 500 Offroad lights
Every thing works on this truck except the cruise contol. I've been trying to teach his sister to drive it and she just can not get the hang. Allsouth Autosports in Buford Ga did most of the mods. Here is the link to some pics.
http://www.allsouthautosports.com/page/page/5726849.htm
Old 03-24-2010, 08:21 PM   #2
Idrivetoys has much to be proud ofIdrivetoys has much to be proud ofIdrivetoys has much to be proud ofIdrivetoys has much to be proud ofIdrivetoys has much to be proud ofIdrivetoys has much to be proud ofIdrivetoys has much to be proud ofIdrivetoys has much to be proud ofIdrivetoys has much to be proud ofIdrivetoys has much to be proud of
Marines: 1341/1343/6222
Name: Ryan
Idrivetoys's Tacoma Gallery
First off im sorry for your loss,

as for a value of the truck, this one seems to be a great collaboration of parts and vehicle. Unfortunately the mileage is beyond what most what to invest in as a "New to me" vehicle. When it comes to selling a truck like this you can get a good amount, but only when the right buyer is around. Others will chime in on what they paid for there higher mileage trucks, also what engine does the truck have.

Ryan
Old 03-24-2010, 08:36 PM   #3
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
i would guess its the v6 since it has a new timing belt
Old 03-24-2010, 08:36 PM   #4
Idrivetoys has much to be proud ofIdrivetoys has much to be proud ofIdrivetoys has much to be proud ofIdrivetoys has much to be proud ofIdrivetoys has much to be proud ofIdrivetoys has much to be proud ofIdrivetoys has much to be proud ofIdrivetoys has much to be proud ofIdrivetoys has much to be proud ofIdrivetoys has much to be proud of
Marines: 1341/1343/6222
Name: Ryan
Idrivetoys's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerfan00 View Post
i would guess its the v6 since it has a new timing belt
good point
Old 03-25-2010, 04:40 AM   #5
V6
Old 03-25-2010, 04:50 AM   #6
I gotta say this truck has pulled out other trucks twice its size. The motor and tranny perform like new. Both have been fully serviced. The first owner put 250K all highway miles. It was totally stock when it was purchased from the original owner.
Old 03-25-2010, 05:02 AM   #7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idrivetoys View Post
First off im sorry for your loss,

as for a value of the truck, this one seems to be a great collaboration of parts and vehicle. Unfortunately the mileage is beyond what most what to invest in as a "New to me" vehicle. When it comes to selling a truck like this you can get a good amount, but only when the right buyer is around. Others will chime in on what they paid for there higher mileage trucks, also what engine does the truck have.

Ryan
Thanks. There are not a lot of 96's for sale. Could be they are all in junkyards by now or they are real keepers. I'm a huge toyota fan. (even with all of the recall crap). The best I can see is between $7500 - $11000. That's a big spread.
Old 03-25-2010, 05:24 AM   #8
tacovic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacovic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacovic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacovic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacovic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacovic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacovic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacovic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacovic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacovic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacovic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacovic's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacocat23 View Post
Thanks. There are not a lot of 96's for sale. Could be they are all in junkyards by now or they are real keepers. I'm a huge toyota fan. (even with all of the recall crap). The best I can see is between $7500 - $11000. That's a big spread.
i hate to burst your bubble but your not going to get anything close to that unless the person who buys it from you realizes the value of the extra parts. lots of time mods actually decrease the value of the vehicle. and with that many miles i cant see you getting more than 4 or 5 grand.
Old 03-25-2010, 05:52 AM   #9
wolfgang123 has much to be proud ofwolfgang123 has much to be proud ofwolfgang123 has much to be proud ofwolfgang123 has much to be proud ofwolfgang123 has much to be proud ofwolfgang123 has much to be proud ofwolfgang123 has much to be proud ofwolfgang123 has much to be proud ofwolfgang123 has much to be proud ofwolfgang123 has much to be proud of

Name: Skyler
wolfgang123's Tacoma Gallery
i only paid 7400 cash for my 1997 with only 88k on her. I dont think you will get more than 3,000-6,000.
Old 03-25-2010, 07:24 AM   #10
SunDevilTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunDevilTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunDevilTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunDevilTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunDevilTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunDevilTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunDevilTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunDevilTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunDevilTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunDevilTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunDevilTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Doug
SunDevilTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
I'm sorry for your loss, and I wish you all the best in getting the most you can for the truck.
Old 03-25-2010, 07:55 PM   #11
RebelRider201 has a spectacular aura aboutRebelRider201 has a spectacular aura about

Name: J
RebelRider201's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgang123 View Post
i only paid 7400 cash for my 1997 with only 88k on her. I dont think you will get more than 3,000-6,000.
x2 but more around 3-4, possibly 5, definately not six despite the expensive mods and sorry about your loss...good luck with it though I would love to purchase it as a secondary rig, just throw me an offer.
Old 03-25-2010, 08:29 PM   #12
Will Prerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWill Prerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWill Prerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWill Prerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWill Prerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWill Prerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWill Prerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWill Prerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWill Prerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWill Prerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWill Prerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Will Prerunner's Tacoma Gallery
You might get lucky and find somebody who realizes how much work has gone into it but you would probably be better off finding a stock bumper and wheels on craigslist for a couple hundred and selling the bumper, winch, skidplate, and wheels seperately.

Products Discussed in this Thread