Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

What kind of rental did you get?

Old 03-27-2010, 07:39 AM   #1
HeadlampRevamp has a brilliant futureHeadlampRevamp has a brilliant futureHeadlampRevamp has a brilliant futureHeadlampRevamp has a brilliant futureHeadlampRevamp has a brilliant futureHeadlampRevamp has a brilliant futureHeadlampRevamp has a brilliant futureHeadlampRevamp has a brilliant futureHeadlampRevamp has a brilliant futureHeadlampRevamp has a brilliant futureHeadlampRevamp has a brilliant future

Name: Jacob
HeadlampRevamp's Tacoma Gallery

When you took your truck in for the rust prevention spray or frame replacement? Any chance they'll give me a new taco to drive around for a few days?
Old 03-27-2010, 08:00 AM   #3
HeadlampRevamp has a brilliant futureHeadlampRevamp has a brilliant futureHeadlampRevamp has a brilliant futureHeadlampRevamp has a brilliant futureHeadlampRevamp has a brilliant futureHeadlampRevamp has a brilliant futureHeadlampRevamp has a brilliant futureHeadlampRevamp has a brilliant futureHeadlampRevamp has a brilliant futureHeadlampRevamp has a brilliant futureHeadlampRevamp has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by senor taco View Post
you'll Prolly get a yaris or a corolla.
Even better, haha
Old 03-27-2010, 08:14 AM   #4
four forty four
oldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
oldtacomaguy's Tacoma Gallery
I got a RAV 4 in 08 when mine was bought back. They let me have it for a month while all the paperwork was being done.
Old 03-27-2010, 09:33 AM   #5
snoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shed

snoope's Tacoma Gallery
Cool

We drove a new Prius for the 16 days.......and Momma fell in love.....dam thing "sips" fuel and with all the lil toys......I might have to fight with her when we replace our Camry ...

S
Old 03-27-2010, 10:46 AM   #6
Air_Ops is on a distinguished road
Air Force: Airfield Operations NCOIC 439 Operational Support Squardon, Ret.
Name: Peter
Air_Ops's Tacoma Gallery

Had a 2009 Prius for the 3 weeks while the truck was in the shop. I dove it for a week, my avg mpg was around 46. I didnt care for it, too much like driving a video game. I would rather drive my 14 year old 318ti, I may only avg around 34 but it is much nicer to drive. My wife drove the Prius for the other 2 weeks and decided she did not like it, like me not at all engaging to drive. I am thinking of replacing the 318 with a Golf TDI, good mpg and available with a manual trans.
Old 03-27-2010, 08:00 PM   #7
tazz888 is on a distinguished road
tazz888's Tacoma Gallery
I'm currently in a 2009 Sienna while I'm waiting for a call from Toyota to negotiate the buy back price on my 97 Taco.
Old 03-27-2010, 08:23 PM   #8
maconhurler is a glorious beacon of lightmaconhurler is a glorious beacon of lightmaconhurler is a glorious beacon of lightmaconhurler is a glorious beacon of lightmaconhurler is a glorious beacon of light

maconhurler's Tacoma Gallery
Got the spray done. Had an 09 Matrix for one day...drove the bastard like it was a racecar and in 30 miles of driving only needed to put in $2.00 of gas to fill it back up to the level I got it at. Despite how fun it was to burn it up, it was nice to get my baby back.
Old 03-30-2010, 10:33 AM   #9
john01374 is on a distinguished road
john01374's Tacoma Gallery
2010 4-Runner SR5. Brand new with less than 100 miles on it. I was so hoping they'd buy my junk back.. I want a 4-Runner now...
Old 03-30-2010, 11:30 AM   #10
Tic Taco is on a distinguished road
Tic Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Arrow

The free use of the 2010 Corolla was nice, I put 450 miles on it in 3 days.
But I honestly prefer my 2003
Hyundai Elantra.

Old 03-30-2010, 03:32 PM   #11
kingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

kingston73's Tacoma Gallery
they gave me a Scion xB, the little square box car. Worst car ever, I'm 6ft and had nowhere to put my left foot. It probably wouldn't be too bad a car for a short person, but I wasn't a fan. I had it for a full month, so I got a pretty good idea of what the car was all about, sorry Scion.
Old 03-30-2010, 03:44 PM   #12
CtYankee is a jewel in the roughCtYankee is a jewel in the roughCtYankee is a jewel in the rough

Army:
CtYankee's Tacoma Gallery
had a corolla for bout a month. no biggie to me, as my wife has the exact same car.
Old 03-30-2010, 03:47 PM   #13
ktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ktmrider's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingston73 View Post
they gave me a Scion xB, the little square box car. Worst car ever, I'm 6ft and had nowhere to put my left foot. It probably wouldn't be too bad a car for a short person, but I wasn't a fan. I had it for a full month, so I got a pretty good idea of what the car was all about, sorry Scion.
this!!!
Old 03-31-2010, 08:03 AM   #14

They gave me a Hyundai Freakin Accent. I want to drive this thing off a cliff!
Old 04-01-2010, 06:56 AM   #15
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadlampRevamp View Post
They gave me a Hyundai Freakin Accent. I want to drive this thing off a cliff!
You should have said "no thanks,
ya got a 10 speed or something"?
Old 04-01-2010, 09:47 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tic Taco View Post
You should have said "no thanks,
ya got a 10 speed or something"?
haha, I wish I had a choice. It's through Enterprise. They had the Accent or a Kia something. I think I'm gonna do some neutral drops.
Old 04-01-2010, 04:57 PM   #17
Large Member
Werloc is a glorious beacon of lightWerloc is a glorious beacon of lightWerloc is a glorious beacon of lightWerloc is a glorious beacon of lightWerloc is a glorious beacon of lightWerloc is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Bob
Werloc's Tacoma Gallery
For the 2 weeks I had one for my "Buy Back" I got a 2010 Dodge RAM with 3k miles on it....
Old 04-02-2010, 08:01 AM   #18
vtfly is on a distinguished road
vtfly's Tacoma Gallery
09 Taco DoubCab while my 04 gets the undecoating. Still like the 1st gen more. But like safety features(rear airbags) of 2nd gen.
Old 04-02-2010, 10:36 AM   #19

I got my truck back today. Thankfully I only had the Accent for 2 days. How long did your all drip that white stuff?

Oh and they said the rust on my frame was really bad, and on the verge of needing to be replaced. Haha, I don't think that is supposed to make me feel better.
Old 04-02-2010, 01:27 PM   #20
Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadlampRevamp View Post
I got my truck back today. Thankfully I only had the Accent for 2 days. How long did your all drip that white stuff?

Oh and they said the rust on my frame was really bad, and on the verge of needing to be replaced. Haha, I don't think that is supposed to make me feel better.
The fact that your frame is cover for 15 should
make you feel a little bit better. After I got my
truck back from the frame replacement, I could
see some little things they didn't take care of.

But for me it doesn't matter - I sold my Tacoma
today