Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

HIDs for 98-00 tacoma

Old 03-29-2010, 01:24 AM   #1
tacovic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacovic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacovic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacovic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacovic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacovic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacovic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacovic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacovic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacovic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacovic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacovic's Tacoma Gallery
HIDs for 98-00 tacoma

the headlights on my tacoma are pitiful. i was driving up north with no moon and had to drive real slow because my lights do not put out very much light. i saw slimcubby's group buy and was interested, however i have heard that HIDs do not work well with 98-00 lenses. does anyone have experience with this? and what can i do to make them work. im trying to find a somewhat cheap option for mounting some off road lights as well.
Old 03-29-2010, 09:08 AM   #2
bite me
humanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shed

humanoid's Tacoma Gallery
They will work, you'll just probably have to re-aim them once you get them installed.
Old 03-29-2010, 04:46 PM   #3
IamHimeros is on a distinguished road
IamHimeros's Tacoma Gallery
You will not want to use the stock headlights because they won't project the light correctly and you will blind other drivers. Get on ebay and get some of the clear headlights they sell. You can do a HID conversion on that, or you can get the G1 projector kit and HID's. DO NOT use the stock crappy 98-00 headlights!
Old 03-29-2010, 04:54 PM   #4
mattleegee is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattleegee is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattleegee is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattleegee is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattleegee is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattleegee is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattleegee is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattleegee is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattleegee is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattleegee is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattleegee is one of the sharper tools in the shed
mattleegee's Tacoma Gallery
I have HIDs in my stock 09 Corolla headlights and they do work great as in light up the area but they dont create a "hid line" like a projector would and yes it does make some people mad

Try to do a retrofit or get the ebay projectors and let us know what you came up with, i kinda want to do this to my 00 taco
Old 03-29-2010, 04:58 PM   #6
I CANT SPELL SO DONT BITCH
mwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
mwild's Tacoma Gallery
I have hella light bulbs in my truck and they are super bright. I think they are 80/100 watt bulbs. I have had HIDs in three trucks and had nothing but problems will them. That is just my experence. Others have had them for years without a problem.
Old 03-29-2010, 05:04 PM   #7
I CANT SPELL SO DONT BITCH
mwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
mwild's Tacoma Gallery
Nope i have run these bulbs for years without a problem. My dad has them in his truck for 5 years and it hasnt hurt anything.
Old 03-29-2010, 08:04 PM   #9
tacovic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacovic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacovic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacovic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacovic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacovic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacovic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacovic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacovic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacovic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacovic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacovic's Tacoma Gallery
hmm. so im getting mixed responses. any more input?
Old 03-29-2010, 08:46 PM   #10
Alaskan Assassin
907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bobby
907taco's Tacoma Gallery
in my titan, i know that when i put my HIDS in them, i blinded oncoming drivers, i was looking at my new 2010 last night and was thinking the same thing, my guess is they would still do the same thing, back on point, IMO HIDS won't hurt any thing if you put them on, 35watt, slim ballast draws less than stock i am sure. Keep in mind you get what you pay for so i would stay away from ebay knock offs and go with a good name brand......JMO
Old 03-30-2010, 05:25 PM   #11

tacovic's Tacoma Gallery
bumpage