Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Squeaking front end, and warm locking hub

Old 04-03-2010, 06:14 PM   #1
"Loud Tires Can Save Lives"
91Toyotabogger is one of the sharper tools in the shed91Toyotabogger is one of the sharper tools in the shed91Toyotabogger is one of the sharper tools in the shed91Toyotabogger is one of the sharper tools in the shed91Toyotabogger is one of the sharper tools in the shed91Toyotabogger is one of the sharper tools in the shed91Toyotabogger is one of the sharper tools in the shed91Toyotabogger is one of the sharper tools in the shed91Toyotabogger is one of the sharper tools in the shed91Toyotabogger is one of the sharper tools in the shed91Toyotabogger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

91Toyotabogger's Tacoma Gallery
Squeaking front end, and warm locking hub

When i break i hear a squeak, but i have new pads on them, also when i turn i hear a little squeaking, and my locking hub is warm after a trip down the road, but i just replaced my wheel bearing. What could be causing this? please help me out.
Old 04-03-2010, 06:23 PM   #2
Sparky4.0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSparky4.0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSparky4.0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSparky4.0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSparky4.0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSparky4.0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSparky4.0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSparky4.0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSparky4.0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSparky4.0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSparky4.0 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Aaron
Sparky4.0's Tacoma Gallery
grease the bearing and pads...
Old 04-03-2010, 06:25 PM   #3
91Toyotabogger is one of the sharper tools in the shed91Toyotabogger is one of the sharper tools in the shed91Toyotabogger is one of the sharper tools in the shed91Toyotabogger is one of the sharper tools in the shed91Toyotabogger is one of the sharper tools in the shed91Toyotabogger is one of the sharper tools in the shed91Toyotabogger is one of the sharper tools in the shed91Toyotabogger is one of the sharper tools in the shed91Toyotabogger is one of the sharper tools in the shed91Toyotabogger is one of the sharper tools in the shed91Toyotabogger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky4.0 View Post
grease the bearing and pads...
pads? how you grease that, and when you say grease the bearing you mean under the locking hub cap?
Old 04-03-2010, 06:29 PM   #4
Sparky4.0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSparky4.0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSparky4.0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSparky4.0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSparky4.0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSparky4.0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSparky4.0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSparky4.0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSparky4.0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSparky4.0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSparky4.0 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

you put brake grease on the back side of the pads.. slide etc. did you install the wheel bearing? if so did you just toss it in or or did you pack the bearing with grease b4 hand?
Old 04-03-2010, 06:33 PM   #5

Quote:
you put brake grease on the back side of the pads.. slide etc. did you install the wheel bearing? if so did you just toss it in or or did you pack the bearing with grease b4 hand?
a shop put the bearing in and im sure he packed them because he used to work at the Toyota stealership
Old 04-03-2010, 06:36 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by 91Toyotabogger View Post
a shop put the bearing in and im sure he packed them because he used to work at the Toyota stealership
unless you seen the greased bearing with your own eyes you cant say your sure he greased them.. just cause he worked at a stealership doesnt mean he wont make a mistake... not bashing him or nothing.. but thats where i would start... grease the brakes with anti squeal stuff. and re pack/check the bearing for grease. look inside the lock out see if its dry. http://www.automedia.com/Servicing_W...cr20020901wb/1 http://www.4x4wire.com/toyota/mainte...d/hub_rebuild/
Old 04-03-2010, 07:10 PM   #7

Quote:
unless you seen the greased bearing with your own eyes you cant say your sure he greased them.. just cause he worked at a stealership doesnt mean he wont make a mistake... not bashing him or nothing.. but thats where i would start... grease the brakes with anti squeal stuff. and re pack/check the bearing for grease. look inside the lock out see if its dry. http://www.automedia.com/Servicing_W...cr20020901wb/1 http://www.4x4wire.com/toyota/mainte...d/hub_rebuild/
i just took the cap off the hub and it had grease in it but i added more and i'll see how that goes i mean its a very quite squeak i can barely hear it, but im listening for it and the warm locker is prob normal
Old 04-03-2010, 07:33 PM   #8

you not driving with the hub in the lock position are you? that would really cause it to get hot at highway speeds.
Old 04-03-2010, 07:36 PM   #9

Quote:
you not driving with the hub in the lock position are you? that would really cause it to get hot at highway speeds.
no but i believe the rotor is transferring a little bit of heat to it