Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Shock / Spring question

Old 04-30-2008, 03:27 PM   #1
jrallan26 is on a distinguished road

jrallan26's Tacoma Gallery
Shock / Spring question

The leaf springs on my truck have a negative bow. The bow is is going up instead of down. This is from a camper shell being on the truck forever plus the Tacoma springs are pretty lame. While I am at it, I am going to replace the rear shocks.

Question #1 Where is the best place to order a set of stock height leaf springs?

Question #2 My truck is a TRD version, Are the stock shocks Tokico?

One more thing my truck has the dredded lean also. Will this cure my lean?
Old 04-30-2008, 11:16 PM   #2
bite me
humanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shed

humanoid's Tacoma Gallery
1. try these: http://www.wheelersoffroad.com/tacoleafs.htm or you can have them custom made by Deaver or Alcan. If you're going to have a shell or some sort of camper on the rear, I would suggest getting the Timbren suspension kit as well: http://www.wheelersoffroad.com/9504tacotimbren.htm

2. depending on the year, yes, your truck probably came stock with those Tokicos

3. no, it is inherent with Tacos. The lean is caused by the gas tank, battery and driver all being on the same side.