1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Simple solution for rusty undercarriage

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by mjmsms69, May 3, 2008.

1. May 3, 2008 at 2:38 PM
    mjmsms69

mjmsms69 [OP] Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    02 tacoma double cab
    custom wheels tonneau cover bed liner nerf bars
    With all the recalls on the 95-2000 Tacomas, I think what I have been doing under all of my vehicles really helps to keep rust at bat. I simply use a garden sprayer and mix new clean motor oil and kerosene. I spray the entire undercarriage including inside the frame. The sprayers extension allows one to shoot the mixture in both directions into the frame. I purchased my first Tacoma this past fall, its an 02' and the underneath was really in great shape, so several times per year I drive my vehicles into a secluded area of my property and I start spraying. I think this mix of oil and kerosene is more effective than typical rustproofing because normal rustproofing can actually trap moisture and cause rust to occur. It may be old school, but my vehicles last alot longer than most. hope this can be of some help!

2. May 4, 2008 at 7:42 AM
    RoadKill

RoadKill Northern Alliance: padawan

Member:
    North of the border
    Vehicle:
    First gen 4x4
    285x70x17 offset rims+ 1.5 spacers, rear Timbrens + 3 inch lift add a leaf, Sway-a-way coilovers + camburg control arms, Fender flares (2.5 inch), clear lights, headers, sliders, roll bar
    I use a presure washer with water only, spray ruberrized undercoating.
    Prevents me from spraying motor oil and kerosene on my property.
    sorry, not looking for an argument but it's not green friendly and should not be encouraged

3. May 4, 2008 at 1:22 PM
    sslongmuir

sslongmuir Well-Known Member

Member:
    Maine
    Vehicle:
    95 single cab 2.7 on 33's
    Custom rock sliders
    I use boiled lind seed oil in a spray bottle. It dries clear and it not sticky. one coat lasts all year and its inexpensive, easy and eco friendly. One of my buddies restores cars and he has used it for years.

Products Discussed in

To Top