Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

autozone helper spring installed.. question

Old 04-10-2010, 06:31 PM   #1
ywen is one of the sharper tools in the shedywen is one of the sharper tools in the shedywen is one of the sharper tools in the shedywen is one of the sharper tools in the shedywen is one of the sharper tools in the shedywen is one of the sharper tools in the shedywen is one of the sharper tools in the shedywen is one of the sharper tools in the shedywen is one of the sharper tools in the shedywen is one of the sharper tools in the shedywen is one of the sharper tools in the shed
ywen's Tacoma Gallery
autozone helper spring installed.. question

I just installed the $25 helper springs from autozone at the front of the leaf springs..resolved my axle wrap completely.

Question - The front mount of the helpers look pretty flimsy.. just a piece of bent steel with a bolt thru it. I"ve read at lease one account of it ripping out of its rivet. I think that person might have over tightened the bolt. How tight should it be? As tight as possible? Or have it be loose so the leaf pack can slide around a bit?