Notices

Fan Clutch Stuck On??

Old 04-13-2010, 11:44 AM   #1
NewHere
PacNWgen1 is on a distinguished road

Name: Adam
PacNWgen1's Tacoma Gallery
Fan Clutch Stuck On??

Has anyone had the fan clutch stuck all ways on? My truck ROARS at start up and while driving over 35 or 40 mph. Also the belts squeak anytime I go above 3200-3400 rpm. The belts are new and tight as I feel comfortable. Is there a good after market fan clutch?
Old 04-13-2010, 11:49 AM   #2
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Try to spin it by hand. You should be able to with some resistance but it shouldn't freewheel.
Old 04-13-2010, 11:58 AM   #3
NewHere

I can spin it by hand with some resistance.
Old 04-13-2010, 12:02 PM   #4
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
If it was fully locked it would not spin or take quite a bit of effort to spin by hand. Did it just start making noise or has it done it before.
Old 04-13-2010, 12:09 PM   #5
NewHere

It is hard to turn takes 2 hands.It has been doing it for awhile. The truck is new to me and I thought it was just how it sounds but after hearing other trucks and searching on here it seems like it is louder than others all the time.
Old 04-13-2010, 12:13 PM   #6
Banned
Yeah if it is taking two hands then it's frozen. I don't know of any aftermarket fan clutches. I would just go to the parts store and grab one but try not to get Duralast. I had to change it on my Ranger and the new Duralast one was really tight and would kick on at the slightest temp increase and stay on most of the time causing my to lose quite a bit of power.
Old 04-13-2010, 12:23 PM   #7
NewHere

Cool Thx Man!
Old 04-13-2010, 01:38 PM   #9
giddy up!
derekp is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekp is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekp is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekp is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekp is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekp is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekp is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekp is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekp is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekp is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekp is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: 4C071
Name: Derek
derekp's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to derekp
Go electric!
Old 05-10-2010, 04:45 PM   #10
mattleegee is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattleegee is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattleegee is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattleegee is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattleegee is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattleegee is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattleegee is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattleegee is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattleegee is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattleegee is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattleegee is one of the sharper tools in the shed
mattleegee's Tacoma Gallery
nice... so these are universal?

i just got my taco a month or so ago but only have put a couple hundred on it
just went out and checked and its hard as hell to turn..

another win for the search button
Old 05-10-2010, 04:58 PM   #11
mattleegee is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattleegee is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattleegee is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattleegee is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattleegee is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattleegee is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattleegee is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattleegee is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattleegee is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattleegee is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattleegee is one of the sharper tools in the shed
mattleegee's Tacoma Gallery
anyone happen to know the part number... stupid TPzone changed their site and cannot find anything now

found Aisin and other "brands" on eBay... i would rather pay a little more not to worry 2 months down the road
Old 05-10-2010, 07:15 PM   #12
White Tank
SkyHighTacoma has much to be proud ofSkyHighTacoma has much to be proud ofSkyHighTacoma has much to be proud ofSkyHighTacoma has much to be proud ofSkyHighTacoma has much to be proud ofSkyHighTacoma has much to be proud ofSkyHighTacoma has much to be proud ofSkyHighTacoma has much to be proud of

Name: Josh
SkyHighTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
If you do go electric let us know if you feel any power gains.
Old 05-11-2010, 06:09 PM   #13
1st Gen Taco
Got Taco? is a jewel in the roughGot Taco? is a jewel in the roughGot Taco? is a jewel in the rough

Got Taco?'s Tacoma Gallery
Over the weekend I installed the Flex A Lite dual electric fan (http://www.summitracing.com/parts/FLX-675/) from Summit Racing with adjustable thermostat along with a new radiator. My original radiator finally sprung a leak last week and noticed the fan starting to have a high pitch noise upon accelerating. Engine is noticeably responsive on acceleration and overtaking on the freeway. I guess the mechanical fan worked against the wind at higher speeds. I'm on day 3 with the install and am watching my mpg from a full tank on Sunday. I'll take pics this afternoon.
Old 05-12-2010, 08:54 AM   #15
Banned
Nice setup.
Old 11-14-2011, 07:47 PM   #16
calebdnehus is on a distinguished road
Name: Caleb
calebdnehus's Tacoma Gallery
What do you have your thermostat set to come on at? And would you gain any power or mpg's if you took the pully that ran the stock off so the belts had less pull on them and could spin faster with less distance to travel since there would be one less pulley?