Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Maglite Mod question

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-21-2010, 02:39 PM   #1
Dang liberals.
tacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
tacomaprerunner's Tacoma Gallery
Maglite Mod question

I've got a 5D maglite that I want to mount in my truck. After doing some searches I found these two mounts:

http://www.sierraexpeditions.com/ind...ct_detail&p=90

http://www.amazon.com/MAGLITE-ASXD02...ef=pd_sim_hi_1

Anyone have any suggestions or know how durable these are, based on personal use? Or any other mounts?
Old 04-21-2010, 02:50 PM   #3
Chunkylover8200 is on a distinguished road
Chunkylover8200's Tacoma Gallery
my dad has the second one mounted on side of his driver seat in his dodge ram, and ive never heard him complain about it. never slipped out and never got loose! i guess its up to you, but i would go with the plastic one just cause we've never had any problems, and idk how well the rubber ones would hold up
Old 04-21-2010, 02:55 PM   #4
Dang liberals.
tacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRQ TACO View Post
The one from sierra expeditions is for exterior mounting. The amazon one is the one you need and is the common one people use.
Ok, that's what I was leaning towards. Thanks
Old 04-21-2010, 02:59 PM   #5
FFRNDAN is just really niceFFRNDAN is just really niceFFRNDAN is just really niceFFRNDAN is just really niceFFRNDAN is just really nice
Name: Dan
FFRNDAN's Tacoma Gallery
Those rubber quickfist ones are darn near bulletproof. We use them to mount gear in our trucks at the Fire Dept. Theres a couple that have been on there for a few years and no problems yet.
Old 04-21-2010, 03:03 PM   #6
Just Enjoy Life!!
Fern is one of the sharper tools in the shedFern is one of the sharper tools in the shedFern is one of the sharper tools in the shedFern is one of the sharper tools in the shedFern is one of the sharper tools in the shedFern is one of the sharper tools in the shedFern is one of the sharper tools in the shedFern is one of the sharper tools in the shedFern is one of the sharper tools in the shedFern is one of the sharper tools in the shedFern is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: San Antonio Fire Department
Name: Fernando
Fern's Tacoma Gallery
I have the the one from amazon, I bought from the local bass bro shop for like $5. I bought some longer bolts and some wingnuts to secure it. Stable as hell!
Old 04-21-2010, 03:20 PM   #7
bishes love my haircut
Gr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Aaron
Gr8WhiteTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to Gr8WhiteTaco
I'd like to have that bc my maglite just rolls around in the back half of the cab
Old 04-21-2010, 07:05 PM   #8
AlexanderD has a brilliant futureAlexanderD has a brilliant futureAlexanderD has a brilliant futureAlexanderD has a brilliant futureAlexanderD has a brilliant futureAlexanderD has a brilliant futureAlexanderD has a brilliant futureAlexanderD has a brilliant futureAlexanderD has a brilliant futureAlexanderD has a brilliant futureAlexanderD has a brilliant future

Name: Alex
AlexanderD's Tacoma Gallery
the 2nd one would be better i think just because it is easier/faster to get the flash light out of and it seems people are giving it the thumbs up in terms of quality. i like the idea of having a decent light in the truck at all times!
i will likely do this 'mod' aswell. lol
cheers,
AD
Old 04-21-2010, 07:11 PM   #9
Addicted
flightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shed

flightcancled's Tacoma Gallery
I run the second one, its a really tight fit, but as said its not coming out either. I have mine mounted in the center console, and its a bit more stiff then I would like, but for a seat light it would be great. Also you have to love a 2 second install, the screws you need are included.

Edit: Pic
Old 04-21-2010, 07:39 PM   #10
barlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Robert
barlowrs's Tacoma Gallery
I use quickfists for mine...they are the same quickfists I use to hold my shovel and axe, they are bulletproof..I love them. You can see them in my build thread (below)
Old 04-26-2010, 05:22 PM   #11
Dang liberals.

Well I installed my maglite mounts today...took about 2 hours, cause I decided to go back and reinforce them with a steel plate. Got it done though, but am going to make one more modification to beef it up a little.

Thanks to everyone for their input. I went with this mount:
http://www.amazon.com/MAGLITE-ASXD02...ef=pd_sim_hi_1

Products Discussed in this Thread