1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

A/C compressor & drier receiver install....

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by Hollywood217, Apr 27, 2010.

1. Apr 27, 2010 at 9:53 AM
    Hollywood217

Hollywood217 [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dshiznit
    Beavertown, OR
    Vehicle:
    TBD
    TBD
    My compressor locked up on my Taco, I got another compressr which came with oil in it. I'm swapping out the drier receiver also, does this need oil in it or does it cycle r134a thru it to filter it? Any help or install tips/tricks would help...thanks!!!

2. Apr 27, 2010 at 10:57 PM
    kumaWRX

kumaWRX Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jase
    Oahu, Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    2004 TRD Offroad PreRunner 3.4L V6
    SAW 2.0 Coilovers, Wheeler's 3-leaf AAL, Toytec 1" lift shackles, Bilstein 5100 rear shocks, aFE Stg. 2 intake, Doug Thorley headers, Magnaflow muffler, 16x8 ProComp 7089 wheels, Toyo Open Country A/T tires, Pamalu bedliner, Bakflip G2 bedcover
    The correct way is to remove the old compressor and flush the condenser because there may be metal fragments from the old comp seizing up. Most all a/c compressor manufacturers require this to be eligible for any warranty consideration although if you're doing this at home there may be no warranty anyway. You have to measure how many ounces are in the new compressor because it usually has too much oil. The instructions should say how much oil the comp needs, but you have to add one ounce for the rcvr/drier and a couple ounces for the condenser if you plan on flushing it. But you don't put the oil in any component except the comp. Also, always change any o-rings because if not they will leak when you put it back.

What brand comp is it? I hope it's Toyota or Denso, everything else doesn't last.

Products Discussed in

To Top