1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

finally did it woo hoo!!

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by tacoman78, May 1, 2010.

1. May 4, 2010 at 8:01 AM
    mtucker

mtucker Tacoma addict

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Escondido, CA.
    Vehicle:
    03 Prerunner DC
    Replaced chrome badges with Sockmonkey black badges, painted billet grill black, K&N cold air intake, my corner light turn signal circuit, Speedfreek traction bars, RAAMaudio BXT/Ensolite, Stereo: Kenwood KIV-701 USB/Bluetooth deck, 10" Pioneer shallow sub behind the rear seat, Infinity 6822cf 6x8 front and rear doors, Fosgate P400-2 (sub), US Acoustics USX-4065 (four main speakers)
    You can pick up a remote entry key fob for $30-$50 off ebay. I bought a second one since my truck only came with one. The remote start is pretty darn cool though. I bet it would come in handy for those hot Bakersfield summers.

That is a lot of clean truck for the money. What does the switch on the side of the seat do? Lumbar? Heat?

Matt

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  2. May 4, 2010 at 8:10 AM
    91Toyotabogger

91Toyotabogger "Loud Tires Can Save Lives"

Member:
    North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    91 4wd 5sp manual Pickup Standard cab white
    Mud Tires, CD player, CB radio with PA speaker, De-badged, window decals, Flow Master 40 series
    nice very clean looks like the person before took very good care of her congrats on the truck

3. May 4, 2010 at 9:17 AM
    tacoman78

tacoman78 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Bakersfield, CA
    Vehicle:
    02 Limited Dbl Cab Prerunner
    Deck Mod
    Thanks guys.

Yeah that switch on the seat is a lumbar support switch. I don't use it, but it's nice that it's there. I've decided my next mod will be the deck plate later this week.

After the deck plate I wanna get some wet okoles. I was on the site looking at what they offer, anyone know why they don't offer the TRD emblem on the seats anymore? I searched their catalog and couldn't find anything at all related to Toyota. I mean I don't need to have them but it's a really cool customish logo that I think would look really nice, but I just can't find it any where on the site.

Thanks guys.

4. May 4, 2010 at 6:51 PM
    humtaco

humtaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    Nice looking truck! I would not change a thing but then I'm an old fart that likes to buy and maintain vehicles as close to original as possible. I think they're worth more in good original condition too.

5. May 6, 2010 at 10:08 PM
    reddoublecab

reddoublecab Active Member

Member:
    Riverside, California
    I think you got a smoking good deal on that one! 2001-2004 Seats in the Doublecabs are all the same except for the 2 color choices. Why a locking tailgate? Also, easy way to tell if you have keyless entry. Do a search for the VIP RS 3200 instructions and do the reset fobs option. If your truck beeps at the certain intervals, you will know its equipped and you can then just by a replacement fob and program it.

Products Discussed in

To Top