1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Wet Okole's for rear, with sub box behind seat???

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by ETaco23, May 1, 2010.

1. May 1, 2010 at 6:13 PM
    ETaco23

ETaco23 [OP] Marshall offroad Fabrication

Member:
    First Name:
    Evan
    PNW
    Vehicle:
    13' Pyrite Mica TRD Offroad DCSB 4x4
    Color Match Grille, Bed mat, Kings with JBA UCA's, Dakars and 34" BFG KM3, Snugtop Canopy, and my "Marshall Fabrication" Rock Sliders.
    Ive got a dalema guys... I got a custom sub box behind my rear seat. And right now the plastic on the back has to be off, and the seat still touches the box/sub. So If I get Cover's for the rear, It will be even tighter. So I was wondering if anyone can help me out, maybe give me some suggestions, so I can fit wet okoles and have my sub box.

Im pretty sure I cant get the box back any further. Im just not sure..... help!

2. May 1, 2010 at 8:34 PM
    ETaco23

Member:
    First Name:
    Evan
    PNW
    Vehicle:
    Color Match Grille, Bed mat, Kings with JBA UCA's, Dakars and 34" BFG KM3, Snugtop Canopy, and my "Marshall Fabrication" Rock Sliders.
    Dont tell me no one gots anything! :( Maybe i can try to get the box back further. But I dout it. Is there anyway to slide the hole seat forward just a inch or so?

3. May 1, 2010 at 8:39 PM
    HomerTaco

HomerTaco also HomerTaco Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    HomerTaco
    HomerTaco
    Vehicle:
    HomerTaco
    HomerTaco ...................................................................................................................................................... Core-Hurst short throw shifter & T-handle / Carbon Fiber Interior / custom console light / De-badged / leather interior / Heated Front seats / Red Line Hood Struts / Painted speaker grills /one-off TRD Satoshi Grill with 12-15 front-end swap/ Pioneer AVIC-X920BT HU / Scangauge II / Black LED Tails / Dash Mount for iPad mini / Safari Snorkel / Auto-pilot mode / Leer 100XQ Cap / 4x Innovations sliders / Rear Diff Breather Mod / front windows tinted to 35% / Brute Force Fab Hybrid Front Bumper / BAMF Rear Diff Skid / Budbuilt Skids / CBI Trail Master 2.0 rear hybrid bumper / Fox rr coils/ TC UCA's/ TC spindle gussets/ TC Cam Tab gussets / Dakar leafs / Defined Engineering shackles / All pro U bolt flip / Timbren Rear Bumpstops / BAMF LCA skids / Exhaust re-route / Fog Light anytime Mod / LowRange Off Road extended rear brake lines / ATO Shackle Flip / sectioned Bushwhacker flares / re-geared to 4.56 / ARB Front & Rear Locking Diff / ARB CKMA12 compressor / PrInSu full rack system / 1" body lift / Inchworm 4.7 crawlbox / twin stick FJ t-case / Davez off-road triple-stick kit/
    my friend, the only way to move that rear seat up would require cutting & re-welding the rear seat back mounts. you would also need to extend the rear seat back latch-catches that are connected to the rear wall of the cab.
    sounds like a bitch of a project. I'd try to modify that sub box first!;)

4. May 1, 2010 at 8:49 PM
    ETaco23

Member:
    First Name:
    Evan
    PNW
    Vehicle:
    great! thanks for the help man... I geuss I will see what I can tomarrow with the sub box.

5. May 2, 2010 at 12:21 PM
    ETaco23

Member:
    First Name:
    Evan
    PNW
    Vehicle:
    Well I just got done removing the 2 bracket that were still there and cut out the Carpeting too. So it did go back a little bit, but not enough to get some seat covers on. It still touch's the box, and sub. I geuss Im just SOL on this one! :(

6. May 2, 2010 at 3:59 PM
    clarkie152

clarkie152 Well-Known Member

Member:
    MA
    Vehicle:
    2016 4Runner Trail
    LED light swap, TRD wheels, KO2s, C4Fab lo-pro
    well if you think itll look funny with just wet okoles on the fronts and not back...il take them off your hands :D

7. May 2, 2010 at 5:41 PM
    ETaco23

Member:
    First Name:
    Evan
    PNW
    Vehicle:
    hahaha.... I just really need them on the back bc I go snowboarding and am always putting my wet gear back there. If I get them and try to fit them, Maybe I can just cut a small area out where it makes contact with the sub..... Its not all that much really.

Products Discussed in

To Top