Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Got my truck stuck...

Old 05-08-2010, 11:33 PM   #1
Dang liberals.
tacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
tacomaprerunner's Tacoma Gallery
Got my truck stuck...

So yesterday I was out at some property my cousin owns about 45 miles out of town, and got a little too confident - decided to take my '01 DC PreRunner 'off-roading' some to see what would happen. Well, to put it simply, I got stuck, and kept sliding until I hit some trees. I had thought that having the rear locker would give me a little more capability than it did...

So to make a long story short, after working on it for 2 hours, we flagged down a Chevy Silverado 2500 Heavy Duty regular cab 4x4. That thing was a beast. Hooked up a tow strap and chugged us right out of there. I'll have pictures and maybe a video later.

edit- here are some pictures.
things started off pretty well

then

and then

and then

here are some trees we ran into

here's the damage

the good ole e-tool

and the bumper
Old 05-08-2010, 11:43 PM   #4
Dang liberals.
tacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digiratus View Post
Glad to hear you got your truck out. You mentioned trees, any damage to your truck?
The rear bumper is dented some from backing into a few trees. Other than that, it's hard to tell - I got back too late to get pictures, but I'll get some in the morning. When I was getting pulled out, the right rear side scraped up against a tree and may be slightly damaged. Might just buff out though.
Old 05-09-2010, 09:43 AM   #5
Dang liberals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhodehard09 View Post
^^^pics?^^^
just uploaded them
Old 05-09-2010, 09:47 AM   #6
WTF
1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

1TUFFTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Looks like good times!
Old 05-09-2010, 11:01 AM   #8
Jimmyjohn has much to be proud ofJimmyjohn has much to be proud ofJimmyjohn has much to be proud ofJimmyjohn has much to be proud ofJimmyjohn has much to be proud ofJimmyjohn has much to be proud ofJimmyjohn has much to be proud ofJimmyjohn has much to be proud ofJimmyjohn has much to be proud ofJimmyjohn has much to be proud of

Name: Jim
Jimmyjohn's Tacoma Gallery
I really hate to hear that a Chevy had to pull out. I don't think I would have told anyone that!!
Old 05-09-2010, 11:14 AM   #9
Jahwn is on a distinguished road

Jahwn's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacoman101 View Post
The locker will help you a lot more if you get some good mud tires on there
Yep, tires are important in stuff like that. Those little stock-style street tires don't cut it in the slick stuff.
Looks fun though, thanks for posting.
Old 05-09-2010, 12:11 PM   #10
takern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: marine corps
Name: Tanner
takern's Tacoma Gallery
gettin stuck is always fun. now you can justify some new shoes though
Old 05-09-2010, 12:13 PM   #11
If you ain't stuck, You ain't tryin hard enough.
blackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jay
blackwatertaco's Tacoma Gallery
Time for some 4x4.
Old 05-09-2010, 12:16 PM   #12
JDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
JDMcQ's Tacoma Gallery
*Insert favorite Prerunner joke here*
Old 05-09-2010, 02:43 PM   #13
Dang liberals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyjohn View Post
I really hate to hear that a Chevy had to pull out. I don't think I would have told anyone that!!
Haha ya, but if I hadn't said anything, I'm sure someone would have asked. In all honesty, it was a nice rig.

Quote:
Originally Posted by takern View Post
gettin stuck is always fun. now you can justify some new shoes though
Agreed. I'm keeping my eyes open.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwatertaco View Post
Time for some 4x4.
For sure. Gotta love those PreRunners though. I'd do just about anything right now for a 4x4 First Gen DC with a locker. A lift would be nice too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmcq View Post
*Insert favorite Prerunner joke here*
'PreRunners: Making 4x4's look good.'
Old 05-09-2010, 02:51 PM   #14
Kenobe is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenobe is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenobe is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenobe is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenobe is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenobe is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenobe is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenobe is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenobe is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenobe is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenobe is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force: MSgt (Retired)
Name: Ken
Kenobe's Tacoma Gallery
If it helps any, I pulled a Chevy out of some snow and ice a few weeks ago. So I guess we're 1 for 1 (hehe).
Old 05-09-2010, 02:57 PM   #15
81CountryGirl is on a distinguished road
Name: Kate
81CountryGirl's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenobe View Post
If it helps any, I pulled a Chevy out of some snow and ice a few weeks ago. So I guess we're 1 for 1 (hehe).
Yep, and I pulled a JEEP out twice in the same day last weekend.
Old 05-09-2010, 09:52 PM   #17
nvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shed

nvdeserted's Tacoma Gallery
You probably learned some good lessons. One thing aout the locker: it is usually your best friend but when in a slippery and off-camber situation the locker can actually do more harm by causing the rear to 'lend itself' to sliding where gravity pulls it; sometimes it's good to leave the diff open to basically use your non-spinning tire as an anchor from sliding sideways.
Old 05-10-2010, 02:12 AM   #18
White Tank
SkyHighTacoma has much to be proud ofSkyHighTacoma has much to be proud ofSkyHighTacoma has much to be proud ofSkyHighTacoma has much to be proud ofSkyHighTacoma has much to be proud ofSkyHighTacoma has much to be proud ofSkyHighTacoma has much to be proud ofSkyHighTacoma has much to be proud of

Name: Josh
SkyHighTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Never go wheeling alone. I learned my lesson also.
Old 05-10-2010, 02:15 AM   #19
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
I think you would've been okay if you had a more aggressive tire...maybe not though. Glad nothing got broke or fucked up