1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

New to Forum and having concerns about my 2002 Toyota Tacoma Prerunner SR5

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by pvn23, May 10, 2010.

1. May 10, 2010 at 11:23 PM
    pvn23

pvn23 [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '02 Prerunner SR5
    Hello all and thanks for looking at this thread! My name is Denny and I just recently purchased a 2002 Toyota Tacoma Prerunner SR5 during the month of January. During the time that I had purchased the truck from a local craigslist dealer, the truck seemed to be running fine like it was just brand new and was taken with great care.

However, as February came in, I started noticing that as I was driving the truck, it felt as if the acceleration on the freeway wasn't as great as my dad's old Toyota pick up that I used to drive. I finally took a in depth look at my truck about a few weeks later after the purchase and found out that it seemed like my truck I thought was new (the previous owner said it was a Clean title, I don't even know how DMV passed it) had been in a front end collision before. The weldings and some of the parts have been mixed and match around from what I'm seeing.

So I just drove it normally for the next few months. I drove it on the freeway at about ~70mph these past few weeks and when there was a small decline bump, as my truck went down it, I would hear a "CLANK". I'm not sure whether it's the suspension or something else but I would like to see if I can do anything with this truck or should I just resell it right now. It's currently at 101k miles (I bought it at 97k miles). If it's going to cost a huge chunk of change to fix this truck, I think I may as well resell it now.

But if anybody can give me some details on what I can do to fix the acceleration problem and that clank, it would be greatly appreciated!

-Denny

2. May 10, 2010 at 11:28 PM
    Yamasaki

Yamasaki Yamaha + Kawasaki!

Member:
    Denver, CO
    Vehicle:
    2003 Tacoma Limited TRD 4x4
    An accident by itself does not alter a vehicles title. Vehicles get into accidents all the time and are repaired. The only way a title is affected is if the vehicle is considered a total loss and then rebuilt. This requires a considerable amount of damage.

3. May 10, 2010 at 11:30 PM
    pvn23

pvn23 [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '02 Prerunner SR5
    Well now I understand the whole clean title/salvage title, but the question I asked isn't answered yet. :( Thanks though!

Products Discussed in

To Top