Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

New to Forum and having concerns about my 2002 Toyota Tacoma Prerunner SR5

Old 05-10-2010, 11:23 PM   #1
pvn23 is on a distinguished road
pvn23's Tacoma Gallery
New to Forum and having concerns about my 2002 Toyota Tacoma Prerunner SR5

Hello all and thanks for looking at this thread! My name is Denny and I just recently purchased a 2002 Toyota Tacoma Prerunner SR5 during the month of January. During the time that I had purchased the truck from a local craigslist dealer, the truck seemed to be running fine like it was just brand new and was taken with great care.

However, as February came in, I started noticing that as I was driving the truck, it felt as if the acceleration on the freeway wasn't as great as my dad's old Toyota pick up that I used to drive. I finally took a in depth look at my truck about a few weeks later after the purchase and found out that it seemed like my truck I thought was new (the previous owner said it was a Clean title, I don't even know how DMV passed it) had been in a front end collision before. The weldings and some of the parts have been mixed and match around from what I'm seeing.

So I just drove it normally for the next few months. I drove it on the freeway at about ~70mph these past few weeks and when there was a small decline bump, as my truck went down it, I would hear a "CLANK". I'm not sure whether it's the suspension or something else but I would like to see if I can do anything with this truck or should I just resell it right now. It's currently at 101k miles (I bought it at 97k miles). If it's going to cost a huge chunk of change to fix this truck, I think I may as well resell it now.

But if anybody can give me some details on what I can do to fix the acceleration problem and that clank, it would be greatly appreciated!

-Denny
Old 05-10-2010, 11:28 PM   #2
Yamaha + Kawasaki!
Yamasaki is on a distinguished road

Yamasaki's Tacoma Gallery
An accident by itself does not alter a vehicles title. Vehicles get into accidents all the time and are repaired. The only way a title is affected is if the vehicle is considered a total loss and then rebuilt. This requires a considerable amount of damage.
Old 05-10-2010, 11:30 PM   #3
pvn23 is on a distinguished road
pvn23's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamasaki View Post
An accident by itself does not alter a vehicles title. Vehicles get into accidents all the time and are repaired. The only way a title is affected is if the vehicle is considered a total loss and then rebuilt. This requires a considerable amount of damage.
Well now I understand the whole clean title/salvage title, but the question I asked isn't answered yet. Thanks though!