Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Trade:1st gen prerunner for built 4 runner?

Old 05-11-2010, 09:39 AM   #1
Lifted 'n Locked 4WD Prerunner
01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
01tacoprerunner's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to 01tacoprerunner
Trade:1st gen prerunner for built 4 runner?

Whould you do it??

Trade my truck for a Built 99 4 runner V6 5 speed on 35"s with lockers front and rear with silders, winch, and front bumper.
This is the 4-runner:
http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f3...unner71203.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...247595_237.jpg
Old 05-11-2010, 09:41 AM   #2
I CANT SPELL SO DONT BITCH
mwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
mwild's Tacoma Gallery
I would do it if you dont need a truck. I had a 97 4runner and it was a great truck. It was all stock.
Old 05-11-2010, 12:26 PM   #4
"Loud Tires Can Save Lives"
91Toyotabogger is one of the sharper tools in the shed91Toyotabogger is one of the sharper tools in the shed91Toyotabogger is one of the sharper tools in the shed91Toyotabogger is one of the sharper tools in the shed91Toyotabogger is one of the sharper tools in the shed91Toyotabogger is one of the sharper tools in the shed91Toyotabogger is one of the sharper tools in the shed91Toyotabogger is one of the sharper tools in the shed91Toyotabogger is one of the sharper tools in the shed91Toyotabogger is one of the sharper tools in the shed91Toyotabogger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

91Toyotabogger's Tacoma Gallery
well you know its been wheeled pretty hard i think that was URE, so take that into account. If its going to be a DD... Wow i just sounded a lot like my Dad...lol
Old 05-11-2010, 12:29 PM   #5
01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 91Toyotabogger View Post
well you know its been wheeled pretty hard i think that was URE, so take that into account. If its going to be a DD... Wow i just sounded a lot like my Dad...lol
Yea i was kinda thinkin the same thing and i thought i sounded like my dad.
Old 05-11-2010, 12:31 PM   #6
GETTN IT
th3bigk0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedth3bigk0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedth3bigk0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedth3bigk0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedth3bigk0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedth3bigk0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedth3bigk0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedth3bigk0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedth3bigk0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedth3bigk0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedth3bigk0 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dylan
th3bigk0's Tacoma Gallery
Hell ya I'd do it.if I had ur truck,not mine,no offense
Old 05-11-2010, 12:37 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by th3bigk0 View Post
Hell ya I'd do it.if I had ur truck,not mine,no offense
No offense taken, i would rather have 4wd and a sweet rig than my truck.
Old 05-11-2010, 12:47 PM   #8
GETTN IT
th3bigk0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedth3bigk0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedth3bigk0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedth3bigk0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedth3bigk0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedth3bigk0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedth3bigk0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedth3bigk0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedth3bigk0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedth3bigk0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedth3bigk0 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

th3bigk0's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01tacoprerunner View Post
No offense taken, i would rather have 4wd and a sweet rig than my truck.
Is it just a straight up trade?
Old 05-11-2010, 01:00 PM   #9

I think he may want a little bit of money too.
Old 05-11-2010, 01:39 PM   #10
Betty White Edition Heep ZJ
jonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
jonny's Tacoma Gallery
i am in similar shoes. been tossin around the idea of trading in for a 4th gen 4runner 4x for about a year now. 4x suv for weekend fun and camping. and i dont really have a use for a truck anymore.

Have you ever considered selling your truck and buying a stock un molested 4runner? dont get me wrong, the pics you provided are great and the runner looks sweet. but it has more than likely seen it's fair share of trails just lookin out if this is gonna be your DD
if it is your bud and you know everything thats been done to it...changes things a little.
but either way..
4runner ftw!
Old 05-11-2010, 01:46 PM   #11
CRAZY 4WHEELER
desertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Location: From the Mojave desert now in Wild and Wonderful West Virginia
desertdude59's Tacoma Gallery
I'd do it. Looks like a bad 4 Runner
Old 05-11-2010, 02:21 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonny View Post
i am in similar shoes. been tossin around the idea of trading in for a 4th gen 4runner 4x for about a year now. 4x suv for weekend fun and camping. and i dont really have a use for a truck anymore.

Have you ever considered selling your truck and buying a stock un molested 4runner? dont get me wrong, the pics you provided are great and the runner looks sweet. but it has more than likely seen it's fair share of trails just lookin out if this is gonna be your DD
if it is your bud and you know everything thats been done to it...changes things a little.
but either way..
4runner ftw!
This is true.....
Old 05-11-2010, 02:24 PM   #13
jonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jonny's Tacoma Gallery
in your case..trading up to a v6 4x4 will be a huge change
either way you go, wish you the best of luck man
Old 05-11-2010, 02:32 PM   #14
Screw your MPG's
jacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jacob
jacob_wood's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to jacob_wood
I'd do it. Yes it has seen it's fair share of trails but you know it will be good off road, and it probably has been taken care of since it's owned by someone who obviously knows what they are doing.
Old 05-11-2010, 02:42 PM   #15

jonny's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacob_wood View Post
I'd do it. Yes it has seen it's fair share of trails but you know it will be good off road, and it probably has been taken care of since it's owned by someone who obviously knows what they are doing.
well i kinda agree with you but....
no where in this thread does the Op state he knows the seller personally, so how can he justify this guy "knows what he is doing" because it is lifted, locked, and has pics of him crawling through rocks?
unless i missed that part, then i am terribly sorry.
there is a reason why i bought my truck brand new...i was tired of buying someone else's junk/problems. in no way am i stating that used cars are junk...but i would inspect that thing with a fine tooth comb before i gave up my clean DD for something that looks like someone's weekend warrior.

like i stated above, this is a sweet 4runner, but judging from the pics... it may have been abused offroad
Old 05-18-2010, 03:31 PM   #16
StrongYota22 is on a distinguished road
Name: Alex
StrongYota22's Tacoma Gallery
Seems like it would be a great upgrade to trade it. I have a 2wd 4 banger. I would love it if someone presented the opporitunity to trade a v6 4x4 with me.
Old 05-18-2010, 03:34 PM   #17
Machine gun shits
paintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: shithead
paintdiddy's Tacoma Gallery
ask yourself why would he want a stock truck in a trade?what is he hiding?just be careful and look that truck up and down.take it for a long highway and in town test ride
Old 05-18-2010, 04:08 PM   #18
Screw your MPG's
jacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jacob
jacob_wood's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to jacob_wood
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonny View Post
well i kinda agree with you but....
no where in this thread does the Op state he knows the seller personally, so how can he justify this guy "knows what he is doing" because it is lifted, locked, and has pics of him crawling through rocks?
unless i missed that part, then i am terribly sorry.
there is a reason why i bought my truck brand new...i was tired of buying someone else's junk/problems. in no way am i stating that used cars are junk...but i would inspect that thing with a fine tooth comb before i gave up my clean DD for something that looks like someone's weekend warrior.

like i stated above, this is a sweet 4runner, but judging from the pics... it may have been abused offroad
I thought I read somewhere that he knew the guy that was selling it. I can't tell ya exactly what was going through my head. I guess I was just trying to state that it since it's pretty well built then the guy must be pretty mechanically inclined. It might be my better judgment that I figured he would of taken care of it. Now if it has been abused to essentially the point of no return due to wheeling it then that's what I would look out for. I agree though sweet runner but just make sure it has been looked at from all angles and it drives how up to your standards.
Old 05-18-2010, 05:34 PM   #20
You're my boy blue
Blue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Blue's Tacoma Gallery
as much as i hate to see you get rid of your tacoma i say go for it