Notices

Dashboard lights

Old 05-11-2010, 05:17 PM   #1
I'd seen it all, then the yota popped a wheely
TRUCKTOYZ TACO37 is on a distinguished road
Name: Ian
TRUCKTOYZ TACO37's Tacoma Gallery
Dashboard lights

Do any of yall driving a 1st gen yota have problems with your emergency brake light randomly coming on? how do i make it stop?
Old 05-11-2010, 05:58 PM   #2
Master of War
shitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud of

Name: Ant
shitroc's Tacoma Gallery
i had that happen to me a couple of times about a year ago. i just hauled it out and pushed it back in a few times(when stopped of course) and usually the light would go away. I knew the brake wasnt actually engaged so i didnt let it bother me to much. It only happen those couple of times and it never happened again. it fixed it self i guess. sorry i cant be of more help.
Old 05-11-2010, 06:04 PM   #3
I miss Lucy. :-(
HerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Computer Tech
Name: John
HerNameIsLucy's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to HerNameIsLucy Send a message via Yahoo to HerNameIsLucy
Try spraying a little electrical contact cleaner or even WD40 on the plunger in the switch. The plunger might be getting stuck down.
Old 05-11-2010, 09:24 PM   #4
bite me
humanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shed

humanoid's Tacoma Gallery
Also check your brake fluid level too. Low level will cause the light to come on intermittently.
Old 05-12-2010, 07:13 AM   #5
Boosted17 is just really niceBoosted17 is just really niceBoosted17 is just really niceBoosted17 is just really nice

Name: Cliff
Boosted17's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by humanoid View Post
Also check your brake fluid level too. Low level will cause the light to come on intermittently.

X2