Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Avid Offroad front bumper

View Poll Results: Do you think this bumper would look good on my taco?
Yes 17 62.96%
No; if not please specify what type 10 37.04%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-12-2010, 06:41 PM   #1
The Welfare Cadilac
Max-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Michael
Max-4_Yota's Tacoma Gallery
Avid Offroad front bumper

Do you think this bumper would look good on my taco???

http://www.avidoffroad.com/products/1996-2004-tacoma/
Old 05-12-2010, 06:44 PM   #3
Local TW dissenter
toy02ota is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoy02ota is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoy02ota is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoy02ota is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoy02ota is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoy02ota is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoy02ota is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoy02ota is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoy02ota is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoy02ota is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoy02ota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
toy02ota's Tacoma Gallery
I would be a fan except for all the lower valence being gone and it being rather conspicuous...thats just me tho. The N-fab prerunner bar looks similar and the valence stays. It lacks some of the protection qualities though
Old 05-12-2010, 06:45 PM   #4
I bleed Black and Gold
cheehab has a brilliant futurecheehab has a brilliant futurecheehab has a brilliant futurecheehab has a brilliant futurecheehab has a brilliant futurecheehab has a brilliant futurecheehab has a brilliant futurecheehab has a brilliant futurecheehab has a brilliant futurecheehab has a brilliant futurecheehab has a brilliant future

Name: Adam
cheehab's Tacoma Gallery
I don't really like any tube bumpers. I think the plate bumpers look a lot better, but I get that they're much heavier
Old 05-12-2010, 06:47 PM   #5
I CANT SPELL SO DONT BITCH
mwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shed

mwild's Tacoma Gallery
I dont like the front tube bumpers. It looks way too open to me. I like the shockworks and the ABR bumpers. Its your truck though so if you like it thats all that matters.
Old 05-12-2010, 06:55 PM   #6
10.21 is a glorious beacon of light10.21 is a glorious beacon of light10.21 is a glorious beacon of light10.21 is a glorious beacon of light10.21 is a glorious beacon of light10.21 is a glorious beacon of light
Marines:
Name: Dillon
10.21's Tacoma Gallery
I personally wouldn't want one on mine but I still think they look awesome. Especially if you're going for that "pre-runner" look. I'm more into the "expedition" look so I'm going to go for plate with winch...if you plan to get your truck looking something along the lines of BlackHawke88's...go for it. I'm pretty sure if I saw you on the highway I'd be pretty distracted.
Old 05-12-2010, 10:06 PM   #7
Thomas The Train is on a distinguished road

Name: Thomas
Thomas The Train's Tacoma Gallery
check out bajabumpers.com or boltonbumpers.com. that one looks 'incomplete' without the skid plate
Old 05-12-2010, 10:35 PM   #8
randombob is just really nicerandombob is just really nicerandombob is just really nicerandombob is just really nice
Army: A 3/43 ADA
randombob's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to randombob
I like the look of the tubular bumpers myself — they're stronger & they're lighter also, but still, if you're going off-roading and you're putting on an aftermarket bumper… get one with a winch mount. All-pro makes one very similar to that but with a winch mount. I'm planning on it at the moment, it's nickels & dimes more than this one but more useful.
Old 05-13-2010, 12:12 PM   #9
AlexanderD has a brilliant futureAlexanderD has a brilliant futureAlexanderD has a brilliant futureAlexanderD has a brilliant futureAlexanderD has a brilliant futureAlexanderD has a brilliant futureAlexanderD has a brilliant futureAlexanderD has a brilliant futureAlexanderD has a brilliant futureAlexanderD has a brilliant futureAlexanderD has a brilliant future

Name: Alex
AlexanderD's Tacoma Gallery
thats a great set of pics you have there! thanks for posting them!

good fab work too. the only thing i don't like is how far out it sits. but other then that its very nice!

cheers,
AlexanderD
Old 05-13-2010, 12:16 PM   #10
Prez of @battleborntacomas and ASSHOLE!
MOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Daniel
MOT's Tacoma Gallery
i think the 2nd gen model is better but that is still bad ass!
Old 05-13-2010, 11:17 PM   #11
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
I don't think the Radiator is protected enough...But I voted yes cause it looks mean!
Old 05-14-2010, 12:18 AM   #12
White Tank
SkyHighTacoma has much to be proud ofSkyHighTacoma has much to be proud ofSkyHighTacoma has much to be proud ofSkyHighTacoma has much to be proud ofSkyHighTacoma has much to be proud ofSkyHighTacoma has much to be proud ofSkyHighTacoma has much to be proud ofSkyHighTacoma has much to be proud of

Name: Josh
SkyHighTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by huyissuperman View Post
Looks fugly IMO, I'd much rather prefer this.

Did you take off the stock crush cans (or crash cans or front caps or whatever you wanna call it) on the front of the frame in order to weld up the bumper support? If so was it just bolted on or welded or what?
Old 05-14-2010, 12:19 AM   #13
White Tank
SkyHighTacoma has much to be proud ofSkyHighTacoma has much to be proud ofSkyHighTacoma has much to be proud ofSkyHighTacoma has much to be proud ofSkyHighTacoma has much to be proud ofSkyHighTacoma has much to be proud ofSkyHighTacoma has much to be proud ofSkyHighTacoma has much to be proud of

Name: Josh
SkyHighTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
And to the OP IMO its not enough front end protection.
Old 05-16-2010, 09:37 AM   #14
Low Speed, High Drag
kevhogaz is one of the sharper tools in the shedkevhogaz is one of the sharper tools in the shedkevhogaz is one of the sharper tools in the shedkevhogaz is one of the sharper tools in the shedkevhogaz is one of the sharper tools in the shedkevhogaz is one of the sharper tools in the shedkevhogaz is one of the sharper tools in the shedkevhogaz is one of the sharper tools in the shedkevhogaz is one of the sharper tools in the shedkevhogaz is one of the sharper tools in the shedkevhogaz is one of the sharper tools in the shed

kevhogaz's Tacoma Gallery
I like it, because that's my truck in pic!!! I've had it on for a while, and haven't had any issues with the radiator getting holes in it.

Here's another pic of it, from the front, but painted.
Old 05-16-2010, 10:00 AM   #15
Who needs 4WD?
neslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Harrelsen
neslerrah's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexanderD View Post
thats a great set of pics you have there! thanks for posting them!

good fab work too. the only thing i don't like is how far out it sits. but other then that its very nice!

cheers,
AlexanderD

He probably made it that way so he can get a winch behind it.
Old 05-16-2010, 05:26 PM   #16
rancherkid33 is on a distinguished road
Name: Bryant
rancherkid33's Tacoma Gallery
I like this one a little more there is a little bit more there.http://www.allprooffroad.com/9504tac...04frontbumpers
Maybe the link will work
Old 05-17-2010, 08:05 AM   #17
as in Gobias some coffee
gobias will become famous soon enoughgobias will become famous soon enough

gobias's Tacoma Gallery
I prefer the ARB or Shrockworks. Saving up for an ARB myself.
Old 05-17-2010, 09:02 AM   #18
AlexanderD has a brilliant futureAlexanderD has a brilliant futureAlexanderD has a brilliant futureAlexanderD has a brilliant futureAlexanderD has a brilliant futureAlexanderD has a brilliant futureAlexanderD has a brilliant futureAlexanderD has a brilliant futureAlexanderD has a brilliant futureAlexanderD has a brilliant futureAlexanderD has a brilliant future

Name: Alex
AlexanderD's Tacoma Gallery
there is nothing wrong with taking a tube bumper like you have there and adding some plate for a little more protection. i think the all-pro with some of the spaces filled with some 11G plate would be a great compromise. and strong as hell!