Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Rattle from front left tire area

Old 05-13-2010, 09:24 AM   #1
Bdiddy11 is on a distinguished road
Bdiddy11's Tacoma Gallery
Rattle from front left tire area

We've got a rattle coming from the front left side... somewhere near the wheel area and i'm not sure what it could possibly be to start troubleshooting.

New to Tacos.

It sounds like there's a bag of those metal bottle caps rattling around. It typically only happens when going over bumps of any sort... i'd like to get this figured out so we can fix it before anything else goes wrong.

What could it be? Tie-rod end? Ball joint?

I know it's kind of a vague description, but i'm not sure what to look for and what to inspect. But it's definitely coming from the tire/hub area.

I've checked the metal hub thing on the wheel that protrudes out but it's not loose.
Old 05-13-2010, 09:26 AM   #2
Lets Do It!
wiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shed

wiscdave's Tacoma Gallery
Sounds like its the Brakes. They are free floating and "clack" when stopping, bumped etc. How new is the ride?
Old 05-13-2010, 09:47 AM   #3
Bdiddy11 is on a distinguished road
Bdiddy11's Tacoma Gallery
The ride is great. It's nice having a reliable rig. It'll be even better once we get some Bilsteins under there though.

So how hard are brakes to replace? Only done it on a Cherokee. That would make sense though because we do have some brake pulling too and they definitely need to get replaced.
Old 05-14-2010, 06:40 AM   #4
crazyasu45 is on a distinguished road
Name: Matt
crazyasu45's Tacoma Gallery
maybe loose or broken pad...