Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Engine oil

Old 05-13-2010, 09:07 PM   #1
PnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 11B Infantryman (Vet.)
Name: chris
PnoyBOS5's Tacoma Gallery
Engine oil

How much does my 97' tacoma 4 clynder take?

I heard 4 quarts?

i recently inhereited it and it has no manual and i do my own oil changes just not for this vehicle yet!
Old 05-14-2010, 02:18 PM   #3
BakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Herbie Hancock
BakoTruck's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 97PinoyTacoma View Post
How much does my 97' tacoma 4 clynder take?

I heard 4 quarts?

i recently inhereited it and it has no manual and i do my own oil changes just not for this vehicle yet!
Bro It should be between 4-5 qts, I don't know for sure. I did a quick search here and on google and couldn't find anything. Some guys on one forum said they had to put in 5.5 qts for their 4 cylinder.
I would recommend buying 5 qts, and put 4 qts in and check the level on the dipstick. If the level is between the two lines you will be fine. But after that I would recommend running the truck to normal running temp., and then turn off the motor for 4-5min and let the oil drain back into the pan. Then check the level again, and add if needed to the top level. Also make sure your truck is parked on level ground, like a garage.
Hopefully someone can chime in and give the correct amount, but if not that will do just fine, or try doing a more detailed search on google.
Old 05-14-2010, 02:30 PM   #4
Roll Tide
HondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: James
HondaGM's Tacoma Gallery
5 quarts with filter for 4wd....5.8 for 2wd