1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Check Engine Light

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by slow1onrr, May 16, 2010.

1. May 16, 2010 at 3:09 PM
    slow1onrr

slow1onrr [OP] Member

Member:
    I have a 2003 V6. My check engine light came on with 97,000 and went to Advance Auto to see what was wrong and the code came up P0031 which was the HO25 Heater control circuit low (bank1, sensor1). They said the sensor was 179.99 but they said that was a rare code. I would assume it was the main O2 sensor. I didnt see any write up on this but I was just seeing if this was common with these. They said it should just hurt the start up making it run ritch when it starts up eventhough it could be warm. Please let me know if you know anything about this.s

2. May 16, 2010 at 5:14 PM
    ETaco23

ETaco23 Marshall offroad Fabrication

Member:
    First Name:
    Evan
    PNW
    Vehicle:
    13' Pyrite Mica TRD Offroad DCSB 4x4
    Color Match Grille, Bed mat, Kings with JBA UCA's, Dakars and 34" BFG KM3, Snugtop Canopy, and my "Marshall Fabrication" Rock Sliders.
    It looks like this could also be a short circuit, or faulty wireing. But most commen is that your sensor has faild... But Check your connections first make sure nothings loose, and then If you need a new sensor, I would go to RockAuto.com they have the lowest price, that ive seen anyways.

And you should always replace both o2's at the same time. I replaced one and about a month later the other one faild. Its because the 2 sensor's work together, and its always good to have them both new and working properly. Hope this helps ya!

Products Discussed in

To Top