Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

6" lift on my prerunner?

Old 05-18-2010, 01:39 PM   #1
dducote07 is on a distinguished road
dducote07's Tacoma Gallery
6" lift on my prerunner?

I have a 02 prerunner and i am thinking about putting a 6" lift on it. Anyone have any suggestions? i dont off road, want it mainly for looks.
Old 05-18-2010, 02:01 PM   #2
WNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shed
WNYTACOMA's Tacoma Gallery
The new Victoria Secret bra claims to add 2 cup sizes...
Old 05-18-2010, 04:49 PM   #3
ETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Evan
ETaco23's Tacoma Gallery
I really dont like the 6" lift for our year trucks. Its just WAY too much lift and looks ugly in my apinion. And i dont like the Drop Bracket kits.

But its your truck man, and its what you like/want.... But check out Procomp or Fabtech. They should have something for ya.
Old 05-18-2010, 05:40 PM   #4
98_mud_bug
98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed

98_Mud_bug's Tacoma Gallery
its a pre runner so no drop bracket. its your truck man do whatever you want with it ha ha i think they look good with 35's i dont like how they look with 33's on them.
Old 05-19-2010, 07:13 AM   #5
Whitfield is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitfield is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitfield is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitfield is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitfield is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitfield is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitfield is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitfield is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitfield is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitfield is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitfield is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Whitfield's Tacoma Gallery
Their are a few on here who will give you the straight skinny on DB kits but most will curse you for the blasphmey. This site is mostly anti drop bracket lift... I doubt you will find much supprt for it.

I think most east coast guys can run it and survive. If you are not running baja high style speed thrashing or beating the heack out of the truck in the rocks T H E N I think you can get away with a 6" DB (Drop Bracket kit). I am installing one on my truck right now. For a truck that is mostly driven on the road and used sensably off road it is a good way to clear 35's. The big issue most have with the DB kits is they are similar in fasion to a body lift as in they do not improve suspension travel or ride quality ~ if anything they will make it less. Their are also a few issues with some Drop Bracket kits mostly dealing with the upper ball joint mount (Trail Master struts) (Pro Comp beer can / gernade). I like the looks & design of the fab tech kit but my replacment frame came with a Trail Master kit so that is what I have.