1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

6" lift on my prerunner?

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by dducote07, May 18, 2010.

1. May 18, 2010 at 12:39 PM
    dducote07

dducote07 [OP] Member

Member:
    keithville, la
    Vehicle:
    02 4 Door PreRunner
    I have a 02 prerunner and i am thinking about putting a 6" lift on it. Anyone have any suggestions? i dont off road, want it mainly for looks.

2. May 18, 2010 at 1:01 PM
    WNYTACOMA

WNYTACOMA Well-Known Member

Member:
    Clarence, New York
    Vehicle:
    09 Metalic Grey TRD OFF ROAD
    Toyota Nerf steps Bugflector 2 Tool box Weathertech floor liners Wet Okole F/R - Bk/Char
    The new Victoria Secret bra claims to add 2 cup sizes...

3. May 18, 2010 at 3:49 PM
    ETaco23

ETaco23 Marshall offroad Fabrication

Member:
    First Name:
    Evan
    PNW
    Vehicle:
    13' Pyrite Mica TRD Offroad DCSB 4x4
    Color Match Grille, Bed mat, Kings with JBA UCA's, Dakars and 34" BFG KM3, Snugtop Canopy, and my "Marshall Fabrication" Rock Sliders.
    I really dont like the 6" lift for our year trucks. Its just WAY too much lift and looks ugly in my apinion. And i dont like the Drop Bracket kits.

But its your truck man, and its what you like/want.... But check out Procomp or Fabtech. They should have something for ya.

4. May 18, 2010 at 4:40 PM
    98_Mud_bug

98_Mud_bug 98_mud_bug

Member:
    lucedale Ms.
    Vehicle:
    98 tacoma sr5/ 06 x-runner
    3 inch suspension lift, night shades corner and blinkers projector headlights with halos and 3 led's 18 inch kmc xd rockstar wheels,275/65/18 kelly safari tsr's, bush whacker fender flares 7 inch touch screen, 2 kenwood 12's, Magnaflow exaust single in dual out,
    its a pre runner so no drop bracket. its your truck man do whatever you want with it ha ha i think they look good with 35's i dont like how they look with 33's on them.

5. May 19, 2010 at 6:13 AM
    Whitfield

Whitfield Well-Known Member

Member:
    Central Virginia
    Vehicle:
    99 TRD X-cab on 35's / 96 X-cab on 33's
    Selling my 96 Tacoma to fund the FJ80 build up.
    Their are a few on here who will give you the straight skinny on DB kits but most will curse you for the blasphmey. This site is mostly anti drop bracket lift... I doubt you will find much supprt for it.

I think most east coast guys can run it and survive. If you are not running baja high style speed thrashing or beating the heack out of the truck in the rocks T H E N I think you can get away with a 6" DB (Drop Bracket kit). I am installing one on my truck right now. For a truck that is mostly driven on the road and used sensably off road it is a good way to clear 35's. The big issue most have with the DB kits is they are similar in fasion to a body lift as in they do not improve suspension travel or ride quality ~ if anything they will make it less. Their are also a few issues with some Drop Bracket kits mostly dealing with the upper ball joint mount (Trail Master struts) (Pro Comp beer can / gernade). I like the looks & design of the fab tech kit but my replacment frame came with a Trail Master kit so that is what I have.

Products Discussed in

To Top