Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Best CB Mount for 2003 4x4 Auto DoubleCab?

Old 05-30-2008, 06:18 PM   #41
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RioNovo View Post
Hey Chris! Don't know about Ridge ever running a supercharger what with the price of gas these days (a guy's gotta nurse every last mile out of a gallon in order not to go broke, and supercharging would probably double gasoline consumption if you ever put your foot into it - which, let's face it, is where the fun is with a powerhouse setup!), but I certainly agree that if he ever got here to the Valley it would be great to meet him in person.

Speaking of meeting in person, you can email me at grafxpro.az@cox.net and we'll get together for a face to face. Getting to know other Taco lovers in the area is something I've wanted to do, and with hectic schedules and such a forum like Tacoma World is a good place to get started.

I'm not far from Arizona Mills, so let's come up with a time to meet and you can stop by or I'll go to your place. If you are really going to install a CB we'll figure out the best approach for your rig. Also, for what it may be worth, I need front and rear mud flaps for my lifted '03 before I get ticketed, so if you have any inexpensive ideas in that regard I'd like to hear them - maybe a place to find a good used set!
Actually, when I supercharged my 2000, My mpg only went down by 1 mpg. Went from 22.5 to 21.5 average. That would be great to meet up! My e-mail:
chrisb4x4@aol.com
Im busy this weekend. Gotta take the boat to the shop tomarrow, then I have to begine work on a skid plate/ anti gas theft thing for my truck. I have to do some other things to. I live near University and the 101. For your mudflaps, how 'bout some cardboard until you kin find some real ones? I'll check around and see if there are any out there.
Old 05-31-2008, 10:59 AM   #42
Arizona Native
RioNovo is just really niceRioNovo is just really niceRioNovo is just really niceRioNovo is just really nice

RioNovo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
Actually, when I supercharged my 2000, My mpg only went down by 1 mpg. Went from 22.5 to 21.5 average..
Amazing!! You must drive like you have an egg between your right foot and the gas pedal. And you can take that as a compliment, 'cause that's what it is!

Quote:
..For your mudflaps, how 'bout some cardboard until you kin find some real ones? I'll check around and see if there are any out there.
I'll pass on cardboard and trust that I locate real ones one day soon. What I find rather amazing is how many lifted trucks are running around WITHOUT mud flaps, especially when Arizona requires them on any vehicle lifted over stock height. Cops don't seem to pay any attention, and apparently don't care unless they get their panties in a twist over the way someone is driving, and then I'm sure they'd add "no mud flaps" to whatever the charges are just because they can!

I looked at the TTORA classifieds and didn't find a thing, and on Craigslist as well. Got some trucks only and Toyota only wrecking yard numbers to call on Monday, so we'll see how it goes..
Old 05-31-2008, 05:19 PM   #43
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
[quote=RioNovo;102189]Amazing!! You must drive like you have an egg between your right foot and the gas pedal. And you can take that as a compliment, 'cause that's what it is![quote]
I had the 2.7 4 banger wich is why I got such good mileage. I wish I drove with an egg underfoot.
Old 06-01-2008, 06:40 AM   #44
Arizona Native
RioNovo is just really niceRioNovo is just really niceRioNovo is just really niceRioNovo is just really nice

RioNovo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
..I had the 2.7 4 banger wich is why I got such good mileage.
Love them Toyota fours! Three of my earlier trucks were four bangers, the first two being the smaller earlier pickups, and the next being a 2.7L - an engine I really liked for gas mileage as well as for power.

Since then my last two Tacomas, both Gen 1's, have run the 3.4L V6 with an automatic behind them. My '98 V6 ext cab, which I sold about a month ago with only 94k on it, consistently delivered better than a 20mpg average, and so far the '03 double cab I replaced it with does about the same.

I intend to get away from the Valley and head north for a couple of weeks in the near future, so I'll have a better chance to see what I get mileage wise on the road at highway speeds. If it's as good as my '98 was on the highway that will make me happy, and I can't see any reason it shouldn't be!