Notices

Polyeurathane lift advice

Old 05-23-2008, 07:37 PM   #1
Carolina Alliance: Quack Addict
01TacoTRD will become famous soon enough

01TacoTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 01TacoTRD
Polyeurathane lift advice

I'm gettin a suspension lift for my tacoma next week and before I go buy one, I wanted to get some opinions on the lifts. I'm thinking about getting a polyeurathane suspension lift but I didnt know if if was cheap and a piece of crap. What do you guys think?
Old 05-23-2008, 07:40 PM   #2
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
I think that as far as spacer lifts are concerned, Poly is fine. I have heard that they dont work as good as the others, but I have run them and never had problems.
Old 05-23-2008, 08:01 PM   #3
Ridgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Frank
Ridgerunner's Tacoma Gallery
^^You just heard from the 'go to' man on these things. I'd also like to add that I've been reading on this forum that guys who lift their 1st-gens are inheriting some sort of driveline vibration afterwards..so you may have to change out the driveshaft and Chris4x4 knows that 1 too
Old 05-23-2008, 08:04 PM   #4
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridgerunner View Post
^^You just heard from the 'go to' man on these things. I'd also like to add that I've been reading on this forum that guys who lift their 1st-gens are inheriting some sort of driveline vibration afterwards..so you may have to change out the driveshaft and Chris4x4 knows that 1 too
Thanks, Ridge! The driveline vibration should be able to be fixed with the propper shims added to the leaf pack. Usually 1.5* is all thats needed. Drive line vibrations are hit and miss. Some trucks have them, while others with the same set up dont.
Old 05-24-2008, 02:00 PM   #5
Carolina Alliance: Quack Addict
01TacoTRD will become famous soon enough

01TacoTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 01TacoTRD
Thanks for the info guys. Hopefully I wont have to deal with that vibration crap because I really dont want to have to deal with it!