Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Is it ok that I went mudding without my bumper?

Old 05-20-2010, 06:52 PM   #1
brettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brett
brettb's Tacoma Gallery
Is it ok that I went mudding without my bumper?

I'm repairing my bumper, also known as cardboard. So I happened to not have it on when I went through some big puddles and a lot of mud. I looked and it didn't look like the radiator got much water. So, will it be ok?

Also, How do I upload videos from my phone to the computer via USB? It says it can't find the software. I heard you can upload it from youtube but I don't know what to look for. Anyone know anything about uploading from phone to computer by cord connection? (I have the samsung rogue and the videos are too big to send.) I need help on this please
Old 05-20-2010, 07:00 PM   #3
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by straycat241 View Post
short term it wont do much but rocks and radiators dont mix well
x2

prolly a good idea to pressure wash the hell outta the radiator and front end.
Old 05-20-2010, 07:02 PM   #4
If at first you don't succeed, don't try skydiving
colinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colin
colinb17's Tacoma Gallery
^^^ just make sure you don't bend over all of the fins on the radiator with the pressue washer
Old 05-20-2010, 07:19 PM   #6
brettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

brettb's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnw View Post
when you hook the phone up it asks for 2 different modes and you select one correct??? if so select mass storage i think it is and you should be goood to gooooo

It says 'media' something and 'modem' . The media one brings up something for uploading songs, and then it says that I need to connect my phone to the computer. Gahh.... Why can't I just simply upload it? lol
Old 05-20-2010, 07:22 PM   #7

brettb's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by colinb17 View Post
^^^ just make sure you don't bend over all of the fins on the radiator with the pressue washer

Alright thanks! Ill be sure to make sure it's not too strong. Im going tomorrow because it was sooooo fun. And the Tacoma kicked the trails ASS. Didn't get stuck at all, even if I took it super slow. We didn't have another vehicle to pull us out so we didn't completely stop. I was super impressed. Snow, on the other hand, my Tacoma absolutely sucks on it.
Old 05-20-2010, 07:34 PM   #8
If at first you don't succeed, don't try skydiving
colinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colin
colinb17's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by brettb View Post
Snow, on the other hand, my Tacoma absolutely sucks on it.
all about the tires....for mud you want the tread blocks further appart, and for snow, you want lots of little channels in the tread.

sounds like a blast though
Old 05-20-2010, 07:43 PM   #9
Banned
johnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: john
johnw's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to johnw Send a message via Yahoo to johnw
Quote:
It says 'media' something and 'modem' . The media one brings up something for uploading songs, and then it says that I need to connect my phone to the computer. Gahh.... Why can't I just simply upload it? lol
click the media one i guess. but let it do its thing then go to my computer look and find your phone on one of the attatchments click on that and you should be able to find videos i have the samsung behold cant be toooo much different
Old 05-20-2010, 07:44 PM   #10

brettb's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by colinb17 View Post
all about the tires....for mud you want the tread blocks further appart, and for snow, you want lots of little channels in the tread.

sounds like a blast though
Yeah it was! It was my first time "off-roading" so it was kinda new to me but I wasn't stupid either. I knew how to do it, just not from experience. The only other time it got dirty was a parking lot thing where they dumped the snow so it was really muddy but not like ruts and stuff I just went in. Ill upload some videos if SOMEONE CAN TELL ME HOW! Haha
Old 05-20-2010, 07:49 PM   #11
RAT Products
isu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
isu2014's Tacoma Gallery
here man, I did a search in about 30 secs and found this:
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...4190411AAMFdO0
http://community.vzw.com/t5/Cell-Pho...ter/m-p/129854

Hopefully you won't have to format it or you will lose everything.
Old 05-20-2010, 07:52 PM   #12

brettb's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by isu2014 View Post
here man, I did a search in about 30 secs and found this:
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...4190411AAMFdO0
http://community.vzw.com/t5/Cell-Pho...ter/m-p/129854

Hopefully you won't have to format it or you will lose everything.

I tried searching there too but I guess im not as good as you . I don't have an SD card so DANGIT! Says I need one. Oh well hopefully when I get it I can transfer the videos from the phone to it and then to the computer. Thanks!!
Old 05-20-2010, 08:00 PM   #13
RAT Products
isu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

isu2014's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I tried searching there too but I guess im not as good as you . I don't have an SD card so DANGIT! Says I need one. Oh well hopefully when I get it I can transfer the videos from the phone to it and then to the computer. Thanks!!
Yep, then it will work just fine.

Oh, and by the way, when you spray your radiator spray perpendicular to the fins and spray side to side, not up and down and not at an angle.
Old 05-20-2010, 08:07 PM   #14

brettb's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by isu2014 View Post
Yep, then it will work just fine.

Oh, and by the way, when you spray your radiator spray perpendicular to the fins and spray side to side, not up and down and not at an angle.

Work just fine when I get a memory card? And thanks for the tip! Ill get on that once we get a new hose.
Old 05-20-2010, 08:16 PM   #15
RAT Products

isu2014's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Work just fine when I get a memory card? And thanks for the tip! Ill get on that once we get a new hose.
I can't make guarantees online but I'm pretty sure. Just make sure you do like those links said and format it as a mass storage device right away.
Old 05-20-2010, 08:26 PM   #16
Whitfield is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitfield is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitfield is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitfield is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitfield is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitfield is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitfield is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitfield is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitfield is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitfield is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitfield is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Whitfield's Tacoma Gallery
SPray your truck and radiator of with a standard garden hose. The save the pressure washer for less delicate parts.

Pay close attention to where your tube is for your air intake. Submerging that or hitting a hole and funneling water up into the engine will bring things to a hault quick.