Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Usb Port

Old 05-21-2010, 07:52 AM   #1
slickyd is just really niceslickyd is just really niceslickyd is just really niceslickyd is just really niceslickyd is just really nice

Name: David
slickyd's Tacoma Gallery
Usb Port

I want to put an USB port under the ash tray where those 2 "caps" for switches or whatever are. Does anyone know where I could find something like this? I went to radio shack and they didn't have anything like that and I have tried searching the internet but I can't figure out how to work it to get what I want.
Old 05-21-2010, 07:57 AM   #2
NAYo2002 has a brilliant futureNAYo2002 has a brilliant futureNAYo2002 has a brilliant futureNAYo2002 has a brilliant futureNAYo2002 has a brilliant futureNAYo2002 has a brilliant futureNAYo2002 has a brilliant futureNAYo2002 has a brilliant futureNAYo2002 has a brilliant futureNAYo2002 has a brilliant futureNAYo2002 has a brilliant future

Air Force: 12th Missile Sq
NAYo2002's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by slickyd View Post
I want to put an USB port under the ash tray where those 2 "caps" for switches or whatever are. Does anyone know where I could find something like this? I went to radio shack and they didn't have anything like that and I have tried searching the internet but I can't figure out how to work it to get what I want.
You just want it for charging or to intergrate it to your audio system? For charging only, it shouldnt be too hard. Otherwise, you'll need to replace your head unit.
Old 05-21-2010, 07:59 AM   #3
slickyd is just really niceslickyd is just really niceslickyd is just really niceslickyd is just really niceslickyd is just really nice

slickyd's Tacoma Gallery
I want if for my Headunit. I don't need it for charging. I want to be able to hook up a thumb drive or whatever to my stereo. Just looking for a cleaner look instead of the cable in the glove box. And I need the room in the glove box for something else.
Old 05-21-2010, 08:02 AM   #4
rjclemen is one of the sharper tools in the shedrjclemen is one of the sharper tools in the shedrjclemen is one of the sharper tools in the shedrjclemen is one of the sharper tools in the shedrjclemen is one of the sharper tools in the shedrjclemen is one of the sharper tools in the shedrjclemen is one of the sharper tools in the shedrjclemen is one of the sharper tools in the shedrjclemen is one of the sharper tools in the shedrjclemen is one of the sharper tools in the shedrjclemen is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Riley
rjclemen's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by slickyd View Post
I want if for my Headunit. I don't need it for charging. I want to be able to hook up a thumb drive or whatever to my stereo. Just looking for a cleaner look instead of the cable in the glove box. And I need the room in the glove box for something else.

Like herb? you best not be carrying that much herb!
Old 05-21-2010, 11:57 AM   #5
sirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tim
sirsaechao's Tacoma Gallery
What deck do you have?
Old 05-22-2010, 07:20 AM   #6

slickyd's Tacoma Gallery
I have a Pioneer Avh-4100DVD.