Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Spindle lift

Old 05-25-2010, 09:53 PM   #1
PnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 11B Infantryman (Vet.)
Name: chris
PnoyBOS5's Tacoma Gallery
Spindle lift

Hey everyone,

Well I decided i need a lift and i am going to get this http://performancelifts.com/cgi-bin/cart/FTS41307.html

but i want to clarify some things,
i can buy the spindle lift for 389 for spindles only. but it is good to replace front shocks so i added a pair for 90 bucks. and then it says i should also do the rear, however i dont care i like the bro lean look, so i can skip out on it for now right?

so in total im going to get the 3'' SPINDLES , & FRONT END SHOCKS then i am good to go or am i missing something?

thank you all.
Old 05-26-2010, 07:45 AM   #2
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Ex-Cone
nelson18matt's Tacoma Gallery
if you order just the rear shocks, your susp in the rear will not change. the truck will still have some bro lean to it.

seeing that your truck is a 97, it could prob use some new shocks on all 4 corners. if you got the extra $100 i'd get the rear shocks too
Old 05-26-2010, 10:57 AM   #3
ETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Evan
ETaco23's Tacoma Gallery
I thaught with spindle lifts you needed to get extended brake lines??? But not 100%sure on that....
Old 05-26-2010, 11:08 AM   #4
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
thats not fair, spindles for my truck start at like 900 bucks
Old 05-26-2010, 08:52 PM   #5
PnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

muhahh thanks to all especially nelson, you were there last time i posted lifts back in february... so yes this will work out the lift?
Old 05-26-2010, 09:56 PM   #6
MadTaco461 has a brilliant futureMadTaco461 has a brilliant futureMadTaco461 has a brilliant futureMadTaco461 has a brilliant futureMadTaco461 has a brilliant futureMadTaco461 has a brilliant futureMadTaco461 has a brilliant futureMadTaco461 has a brilliant futureMadTaco461 has a brilliant futureMadTaco461 has a brilliant futureMadTaco461 has a brilliant future

Name: Mike
MadTaco461's Tacoma Gallery
check out this brand... bit cheaper

http://www.doetsch-shocks.com/9.asp

i'm thinking about these for when i build up the rear.

for the rear you could do a shackle lift
Old 05-26-2010, 10:10 PM   #7

good looking out thanks, they dont offer new front shocks only spindles? cuz id like to get new front shocks as well
Old 05-27-2010, 02:29 PM   #8
MadTaco461 has a brilliant futureMadTaco461 has a brilliant futureMadTaco461 has a brilliant futureMadTaco461 has a brilliant futureMadTaco461 has a brilliant futureMadTaco461 has a brilliant futureMadTaco461 has a brilliant futureMadTaco461 has a brilliant futureMadTaco461 has a brilliant futureMadTaco461 has a brilliant futureMadTaco461 has a brilliant future

Name: Mike
MadTaco461's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 97PinoyTacoma View Post
good looking out thanks, they dont offer new front shocks only spindles? cuz id like to get new front shocks as well
Check out offroadwarehouse, I'm not sure what brand of OE shocks you are looking for.
Old 05-27-2010, 02:33 PM   #9
It's a work in progress.
LeadFootCaliKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadFootCaliKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadFootCaliKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadFootCaliKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadFootCaliKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadFootCaliKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadFootCaliKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadFootCaliKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadFootCaliKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadFootCaliKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadFootCaliKid is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Blake
LeadFootCaliKid's Tacoma Gallery
I've heard and believe nothing good about fabtech. Spend some extra cash and get something thats worth talking about.
Old 05-27-2010, 02:48 PM   #10
Love peace and Taco Grease
Dellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
Dellosa89's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeadFootCaliKid View Post
I've heard and believe nothing good about fabtech. Spend some extra cash and get something thats worth talking about.
x2, fabtech is for street queens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadTaco461 View Post
check out this brand... bit cheaper

http://www.doetsch-shocks.com/9.asp

i'm thinking about these for when i build up the rear.

for the rear you could do a shackle lift
Definitely go with these spindles much stronger they are plated and not casted like fabtech.

Edit** they are also casted but they are still a better spindle than fabtech
Old 05-27-2010, 02:52 PM   #11
ThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ThatGuy18's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeadFootCaliKid View Post
My Fabtech 3" is awesome. Now you've heard something good.
Old 05-27-2010, 02:55 PM   #12
It's a work in progress.
LeadFootCaliKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadFootCaliKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadFootCaliKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadFootCaliKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadFootCaliKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadFootCaliKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadFootCaliKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadFootCaliKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadFootCaliKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadFootCaliKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadFootCaliKid is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatGuy18 View Post
My Fabtech 3" is awesome. Now you've heard something good.
Thats 1...
Old 05-27-2010, 03:47 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dellosa89 View Post
x2, fabtech is for street queens.

Definitely go with these spindles much stronger they are plated and not casted like fabtech.

Edit** they are also casted but they are still a better spindle than fabtech
ok so if i go with doetsch spindles , i should still get new shocks right?
Old 05-27-2010, 04:36 PM   #14
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Ex-Cone
nelson18matt's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 97PinoyTacoma View Post
ok so if i go with doetsch spindles , i should still get new shocks right?
yes, no matter what route you go you should replace all 4 shocks. just because they are probably all spent and have no life left in them
Old 05-27-2010, 05:01 PM   #15
It's a work in progress.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelson18matt View Post
yes, no matter what route you go you should replace all 4 shocks. just because they are probably all spent and have no life left in them
x2. You dont want to run a nice, new lift with shitty, worn shocks. And you definitely wouln't want to run just 2 new shocks.
Old 05-27-2010, 05:20 PM   #16

great thanks!
Old 05-29-2010, 10:26 AM   #18

great most definately going for 4 new shocks, in the future i plan on lifting the rear. why do shackles cost most than adding a leaf?? also which one of those should i get?

AAL or Shackles? which one is easier as well hehe thanks
Old 05-29-2010, 10:03 PM   #20

oh for real? i was reading it said stiffer ride, none the less . i am open to opininons