Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

power steering pump

Old 05-26-2010, 12:07 PM   #1
J-rob
beefcake is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeefcake is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeefcake is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeefcake is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeefcake is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeefcake is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeefcake is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeefcake is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeefcake is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeefcake is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeefcake is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: J-Rob
beefcake's Tacoma Gallery
power steering pump

anyone replaced one? I just ordered the new pump and all new belts, is it hard or pretty simple?
Old 05-26-2010, 12:30 PM   #2
Whyareyoureadingthis?
VirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sam I am, green eggs and ham
VirginiaBound's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jroberts View Post
anyone replaced one? I just ordered the new pump and all new belts, is it hard or pretty simple?
Wait, these trucks actually break??
Old 05-26-2010, 12:32 PM   #3
crazyasu45 is on a distinguished road
Name: Matt
crazyasu45's Tacoma Gallery
lol
Old 05-26-2010, 12:33 PM   #4
CRAZY 4WHEELER
desertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Location: From the Mojave desert now in Wild and Wonderful West Virginia
desertdude59's Tacoma Gallery
Bleeding the air out will be the biggest pain in the ass
Old 05-26-2010, 12:38 PM   #5
J-rob
beefcake is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeefcake is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeefcake is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeefcake is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeefcake is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeefcake is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeefcake is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeefcake is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeefcake is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeefcake is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeefcake is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: J-Rob
beefcake's Tacoma Gallery
yeah the pump went out when i was fooling around in the mud im pretty sure i busted the gear in the inside of the pump
Old 05-26-2010, 12:40 PM   #6
CRAZY 4WHEELER
desertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Location: From the Mojave desert now in Wild and Wonderful West Virginia
desertdude59's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
yeah the pump went out when i was fooling around in the mud im pretty sure i busted the gear in the inside of the pump
Shouldnt be too hard. Just the bracket, the lines, and bleeding out the air from the unit when everything is put back together.
Old 06-10-2010, 07:45 PM   #7
Karo is one of the sharper tools in the shedKaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedKaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedKaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedKaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedKaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedKaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedKaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedKaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedKaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedKaro is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Karo
Karo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
how much did this cost? i just took my car into the shop n they said "its not something you really replace". Is he saying that so i continue messing things up in my car and bringing it into him? I mean, Times are tough, economy is bad..
Old 01-11-2012, 11:10 AM   #8
pikuptruk is on a distinguished road
pikuptruk's Tacoma Gallery
I'm looking to replace mine. I need something a bit better than a stock pump. Anyone have any suggestions? Other than TG?
Old 01-11-2012, 12:44 PM   #9
fsusteve is on a distinguished road
Name: Steve
fsusteve's Tacoma Gallery
pretty straight forward, not sure how tough on the V6's though, an hour on the 2.7's or so.
Old 01-11-2012, 05:16 PM   #10
mall crawler
Rebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Parker
Rebel Taco 22's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by pikuptruk View Post
I'm looking to replace mine. I need something a bit better than a stock pump. Anyone have any suggestions? Other than TG?
I need to replace mine to. Im going with a normal stock replacement pump with an ATF cooler.

http://www.jegs.com/p/JEGS-Performan...60008/10002/-1
Old 01-11-2012, 05:19 PM   #11
fsusteve is on a distinguished road
Name: Steve
fsusteve's Tacoma Gallery
great timing, my p/s pump just went out today, good thing for lifetime warranties.
Old 01-12-2012, 04:37 AM   #12
Well, Im foreseeing SAS in my near future, and I'm already running 33s. My pump became extremely whinie recently, which is a direct result of running the tires and taking it off road. I think I'm demanding a little more from the stock pump then what she can put out. I think the cooler is a smart choice however. I'm going to need a pump that runs at least 30-40% faster. Having trouble tracking one down...
Old 01-12-2012, 11:28 PM   #13
Hambone155 is a splendid one to beholdHambone155 is a splendid one to beholdHambone155 is a splendid one to beholdHambone155 is a splendid one to beholdHambone155 is a splendid one to beholdHambone155 is a splendid one to behold

Hambone155's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to Hambone155
dont bleed um. i didnt, just drive it around a neighborhood for 45 min worked on on mine.
Old 01-13-2012, 02:45 PM   #14
mall crawler
Rebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Well, Im foreseeing SAS in my near future, and I'm already running 33s. My pump became extremely whinie recently, which is a direct result of running the tires and taking it off road. I think I'm demanding a little more from the stock pump then what she can put out. I think the cooler is a smart choice however. I'm going to need a pump that runs at least 30-40% faster. Having trouble tracking one down...
I was told it was the heat from sawing back and forth on the wheel when in the rocks or offroading that makes it wine and go bad. So I was instructed to buy the cooler, we'll see how it goes.
Old 01-14-2012, 07:03 AM   #15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel Taco 22 View Post
I was told it was the heat from sawing back and forth on the wheel when in the rocks or offroading that makes it wine and go bad. So I was instructed to buy the cooler, we'll see how it goes.
Do you think I can get away with using the stock size pump and a cooler only? Im thinking I would need more juice to counter the higher thrust moments created by sas. This is just my assumption however, I don't have any solid knowledge on fluids and hydraulics. That I leave to my engineering brethren down in the engine room....
Old 01-15-2012, 03:21 PM   #16
mall crawler
Quote:
Do you think I can get away with using the stock size pump and a cooler only? Im thinking I would need more juice to counter the higher thrust moments created by sas. This is just my assumption however, I don't have any solid knowledge on fluids and hydraulics. That I leave to my engineering brethren down in the engine room....
I honestly have no clue. But im going to give it a try. It does give it a little more oil capacity with the cooler, the extra line and the cooler itself holds some fluid. If that doesnt work, I have heard of people cutting the reservoir and adding pvc pipe to make it longer, holding more fluid. Hopefully I wont have to do that though.