Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Should i paint wheels black or buy black steelies??

View Poll Results: Paint stock wheels or buy black wheels
Do something fun and paint em 44 48.89%
use your hard earned money and buy em 46 51.11%
Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-28-2010, 11:08 AM   #1
StatutoryAPE has much to be proud ofStatutoryAPE has much to be proud ofStatutoryAPE has much to be proud ofStatutoryAPE has much to be proud ofStatutoryAPE has much to be proud ofStatutoryAPE has much to be proud ofStatutoryAPE has much to be proud ofStatutoryAPE has much to be proud ofStatutoryAPE has much to be proud of

Name: Joey
StatutoryAPE's Tacoma Gallery
Should i paint wheels black or buy black steelies??

This isn't my truck, just using as a reference. I have a white 2000 prerunner xtracab. I'm torn between painting my factory alloys black or buying some of those black procomp steelies from 4wheelparts. What do you guys think??
Old 05-28-2010, 11:20 AM   #2
GWL is a jewel in the roughGWL is a jewel in the roughGWL is a jewel in the rough
Name: justin
GWL's Tacoma Gallery
i had mine powdercoated would have kept them but they didnt fit on my new truck i lowved them.

Old 05-28-2010, 11:21 AM   #3
The Rembrandt of Rattle Can
Madjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Madjik_Man's Tacoma Gallery
I have those same alloys and personally love the looks of them

Aside from the FJ Cruiser limited edition wheels, I think these are the best looking stock wheels out there - again personal preference of course.

Like the song says... paint'em black.
Old 05-28-2010, 11:23 AM   #5
Rudbwoy7s is one of the sharper tools in the shedRudbwoy7s is one of the sharper tools in the shedRudbwoy7s is one of the sharper tools in the shedRudbwoy7s is one of the sharper tools in the shedRudbwoy7s is one of the sharper tools in the shedRudbwoy7s is one of the sharper tools in the shedRudbwoy7s is one of the sharper tools in the shedRudbwoy7s is one of the sharper tools in the shedRudbwoy7s is one of the sharper tools in the shedRudbwoy7s is one of the sharper tools in the shedRudbwoy7s is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Rudbwoy7s's Tacoma Gallery
buy steelies. painted stockers are right up there with stick on vents and chrome wipers.
Old 05-28-2010, 11:23 AM   #6
Madjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Courtesy of EVL Monkey's mad photoshop skills....

Here's what my truck would (kind of) look like with the stock alloys painted flat black.

Old 05-28-2010, 11:23 AM   #7
I CANT SPELL SO DONT BITCH
mwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
mwild's Tacoma Gallery
I like them painted black but i like the looks of the steelies more. Its your truck so do what you like.
Old 05-28-2010, 11:24 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudbwoy7s View Post
buy steelies. painted stockers are right up there with stick on vents and chrome wipers.
Old 05-28-2010, 11:24 AM   #9
Rudbwoy7s is one of the sharper tools in the shedRudbwoy7s is one of the sharper tools in the shedRudbwoy7s is one of the sharper tools in the shedRudbwoy7s is one of the sharper tools in the shedRudbwoy7s is one of the sharper tools in the shedRudbwoy7s is one of the sharper tools in the shedRudbwoy7s is one of the sharper tools in the shedRudbwoy7s is one of the sharper tools in the shedRudbwoy7s is one of the sharper tools in the shedRudbwoy7s is one of the sharper tools in the shedRudbwoy7s is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by memario1214 View Post
Caps lock much?
That doesnt even make sense.
Old 05-28-2010, 11:25 AM   #10

Quote:
That doesnt even make sense.
It does in forum-speak
Old 05-28-2010, 11:28 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madjik_Man View Post
It does in forum-speak

sorry, I'm so used to real life speak.
Old 05-28-2010, 11:29 AM   #12

Quote:
sorry, I'm so used to real life speak.
Me too.

But I'm savvy enough to understand forum-speak as well.
Old 05-28-2010, 11:30 AM   #13
GWL is a jewel in the roughGWL is a jewel in the roughGWL is a jewel in the rough
Name: justin
GWL's Tacoma Gallery
so it means what?
Old 05-28-2010, 11:32 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by GWL View Post
so it means what?
it was a failed attempt at internet sass.
Old 05-28-2010, 11:32 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by GWL View Post
so it means what?
"Use caps locks much?"

As in, "wtf is the title of your thread in all caps?"
Old 05-28-2010, 11:33 AM   #16
WRECKLESS for Life...
Wreckless_71 will become famous soon enough

Law Enforcement: Reserve County Sheriff
Name: Justin
Wreckless_71's Tacoma Gallery
Well if they look like shit let's see some soft 8's... I personally dig those stock alloys, I have my studded snow tires mounted on em and rock em all winter, look great.
Old 05-28-2010, 11:34 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madjik_Man View Post
"Use caps locks much?"
that would have made so much more sense. how would one respond to "caps lock much?" would you say "yeah I caps lock all the time" ??? no cuz thats retarded.
Old 05-28-2010, 11:35 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wreckless_71 View Post
Well if they look like shit let's see some soft 8's... I personally dig those stock alloys, I have my studded snow tires mounted on em and rock em all winter, look great.
why is your name "diesel" if you drive a tacoma? perhaps unleaded would be more appropriate.
Old 05-28-2010, 11:40 AM   #19

Quote:
that would have made so much more sense. how would one respond to "caps lock much?" would you say "yeah I caps lock all the time" ??? no cuz thats retarded.
Main Entry: slang
Pronunciation: \ˈslaŋ\
Function: noun
Etymology: origin unknown
Date: 1756

2 : an informal nonstandard vocabulary composed typically of coinages, arbitrarily changed words, and extravagant, forced, or facetious figures of speech

*taps out*
Old 05-28-2010, 11:44 AM   #20

Quote:
why is your name "diesel" if you drive a tacoma? perhaps unleaded would be more appropriate.
In his gallery there's a picture of his shop.

In his shop there's a big diesel rig.

Maybe he's a diesel mechanic?