Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

1st Gen. "DIY" and "How To" Thread: Compiled list of helpful links

Old 08-18-2010, 11:03 AM   #22
Wait for it...
StAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: SWO
Name: Chris
StAndrew's Tacoma Gallery
Added some misc threads and a "Backup Light Mod" from Scocar.
Old 09-07-2010, 11:52 AM   #24
Manlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
Manlaan's Tacoma Gallery
It was suggested that http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/1st...-thingies.html be added to your list now that there is template and such.
Old 09-18-2010, 11:04 PM   #25
rquitano is on a distinguished road
Name: Ron
rquitano's Tacoma Gallery
I would like to know how do you reset the "Maint. Required" after changing the oil?
Old 09-19-2010, 06:27 AM   #26
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rquitano View Post
I would like to know how do you reset the "Maint. Required" after changing the oil?
It's in your owners manual.

Just a note - 1st gen trucks don't have a 'maint. required light'
Old 10-17-2010, 11:49 PM   #27
Wait for it...
StAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Been adding a couple of links here and there. Latest links:

Propeller Shaft Assembly Diagram (PDF)
:
http://www.ncttora.com/fsm/2000/Repa...Shaft/comp.pdf

Zerks and Greese Fittings:
http://ttora.com/forum/showthread.php?t=143246
http://www.4x4wire.com/toyota/mainte...ront_end/lube/
Old 11-07-2010, 04:43 PM   #28
BoostingMS6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoostingMS6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoostingMS6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoostingMS6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoostingMS6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoostingMS6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoostingMS6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoostingMS6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoostingMS6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoostingMS6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoostingMS6 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Alex
BoostingMS6's Tacoma Gallery
Awesome link about taking apart, cleaning, and reinstalling manual hubs. Maybe I'm an idiot, but I had trouble putting mine back together -- turned out to be a spring issue. Either way, think this could help other new Taco owners like myself. The write-up isn't for a Tacoma, but there's no difference on the manual hubs. Maybe include on list?

http://forum.ih8mud.com/79-95-toyota...b-rebuild.html
Old 11-08-2010, 11:16 AM   #29
The Welfare Cadilac
Max-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Michael
Max-4_Yota's Tacoma Gallery
Great write up!

Props to you!!
Old 11-08-2010, 01:03 PM   #30
BoostingMS6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoostingMS6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoostingMS6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoostingMS6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoostingMS6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoostingMS6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoostingMS6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoostingMS6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoostingMS6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoostingMS6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoostingMS6 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Alex
BoostingMS6's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max-4_Yota View Post
Great write up!

Props to you!!
Thanks, but I didn't write it. Heck, I didn't even find it -- a friend of mine did.
Old 11-10-2010, 01:14 PM   #31
el contrador is on a distinguished road

Name: André
el contrador's Tacoma Gallery
Great post

thanks guys!! these are very helpfull!!!
Old 12-01-2010, 07:58 PM   #32
MowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
MowTaco's Tacoma Gallery
I just did the "Defrost without A/C mod" today... is there a write up on that? I took some pics and could make a quick one if needed, it only took like 10 minutes.
Old 12-02-2010, 10:56 AM   #33
Mod is one of the sharper tools in the shedMod is one of the sharper tools in the shedMod is one of the sharper tools in the shedMod is one of the sharper tools in the shedMod is one of the sharper tools in the shedMod is one of the sharper tools in the shedMod is one of the sharper tools in the shedMod is one of the sharper tools in the shedMod is one of the sharper tools in the shedMod is one of the sharper tools in the shedMod is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Mod's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MowTaco View Post
I just did the "Defrost without A/C mod" today... is there a write up on that? I took some pics and could make a quick one if needed, it only took like 10 minutes.
One of the reasons that the A/C runs with the defrost, is to dry the interior cab air to reduce the chance of windows fogging up.

Almost all vehicles now have the A/C running with defrost or heat, for just this purpose.

It's damn neat that you figured out a way to shut it off, congrats!.
Old 12-02-2010, 05:03 PM   #34
MowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MowTaco's Tacoma Gallery
I knew it wouldn't be as effective, and it isn't. I don't know why, I just don't like the idea of my A/C compressor running all the time in the winter (I usually just leave the vent selector on defrost all the time) It just seems like a lot of load on it and seems like wasted energy. MAybe I'm just weird...
Old 12-02-2010, 06:13 PM   #35

MowTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Ok I made the write up... here it is if anyone's interested.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/1st...out-c-mod.html
Old 12-03-2010, 09:54 AM   #36
Mod is one of the sharper tools in the shedMod is one of the sharper tools in the shedMod is one of the sharper tools in the shedMod is one of the sharper tools in the shedMod is one of the sharper tools in the shedMod is one of the sharper tools in the shedMod is one of the sharper tools in the shedMod is one of the sharper tools in the shedMod is one of the sharper tools in the shedMod is one of the sharper tools in the shedMod is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Mod's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MowTaco View Post
. MAybe I'm just weird...
Not at all,, after all,, "weird makes the world go round". My own little made-up quotation. I think I'm weird just for making that up,,lol.

Nice write up, and easy mod. we like easy mods. It will unlock the AC clutch and free up a bit of power and increase the mileage. I can see the benefit. It does need to be cycled every once in awhile, to keep the system seals supple. Those AC o-ring seals are really soft and thick, to handle the expansion and contraction of the system, and if you were to allow them to dry out so to speak, I would imagine they would crack pretty easy.
Old 02-27-2011, 07:30 AM   #39
Wait for it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SargeSlapnuts View Post
i need the write up on how to install a power trax noslip!!!
You find one, Ill add it. Why not go ahead and make your own ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowyer2002 View Post
Added, thanks!
Old 03-04-2011, 07:44 AM   #40
chris2002tacoma is on a distinguished road
Name: chris
chris2002tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Great job with all this info. This will be very helpful this weekend in determining some problems with my truck. Thanks for posting.