Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

1st Gen. "DIY" and "How To" Thread: Compiled list of helpful links

Old 10-03-2011, 08:53 AM   #61
Wait for it...
StAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: SWO
Name: Chris
StAndrew's Tacoma Gallery
^ Thanks.

I dont know how I missed this, but added:

Cruise Control Install:
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/1st...ml#post3104365
Old 10-10-2011, 09:40 AM   #62
Wait for it...
StAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Added this little gem:

Light Racing UCA Install Video for 1st Gen Tacoma's:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FL9iE...er_profilepage
Old 11-12-2011, 06:07 PM   #63
The Rembrandt of Rattle Can
Madjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Madjik_Man's Tacoma Gallery
I'm trying to find the mod where I can swap out my '98 rear view mirror and replace it with the 4-runner rear view mirror that includes map lights.

How do I power the map lights if, currently as I know it, there's no power running to (behind) my rear view mirror?
Old 11-12-2011, 06:28 PM   #64
TIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tyler
TIPICOTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madjik_Man View Post
I'm trying to find the mod where I can swap out my '98 rear view mirror and replace it with the 4-runner rear view mirror that includes map lights.

How do I power the map lights if, currently as I know it, there's no power running to (behind) my rear view mirror?
sick 3.4 tacoma did this on his '95.
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/1st...ition-126.html post#2513

not much info there but mayb PM him
Old 11-12-2011, 06:30 PM   #65
Glitterdick
scocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
scocar's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

First, you must get a very small hamster.

No wait. I'm not sure. But it seems you could tap into the dome light hot lead and fish that forward inside the liner to the mirror opening? Just an idea. Doesn't seem like there' be too much additional load on the circuit.
Old 11-12-2011, 07:35 PM   #66
Madjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Old 11-12-2011, 07:36 PM   #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by scocar View Post
No wait. I'm not sure. But it seems you could tap into the dome light hot lead and fish that forward inside the liner to the mirror opening? Just an idea. Doesn't seem like there' be too much additional load on the circuit.
Yeah, I don't feel like f'in with the headliner.

I thought there were a few here who did the mod. I'll keep searching in the highly inefficient search function
Old 11-26-2011, 05:52 PM   #68
Glitterdick
scocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shed

scocar's Tacoma Gallery
Hey, Chris, I found another one for the list: headlight adjustment, courtesy of RidgeRunner:

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/1st...djustment.html

Edit: found and attached relevant FSM pages.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf BE-19_Headlight_Adjust.pdf (33.4 KB, 50 views)
Old 11-26-2011, 07:54 PM   #69
Alpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Ruben
Alpha Q Up's Tacoma Gallery
Does anyone have a link to adding tie down mounts to the bed?
Old 11-28-2011, 06:17 PM   #70
Wait for it...

Quote:

Quote:
Yeah, I don't feel like f'in with the headliner.

I thought there were a few here who did the mod. I'll keep searching in the highly inefficient search function
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha Q Up View Post
Does anyone have a link to adding tie down mounts to the bed?

If you dont see the link here, chances are it hasnt been discovered yet. While you are more than welcome to request assitance in this thread, I highly recommend you start a new thread specific to your questions. Unfortunately, I dont think any question posted here will get the necessary visibility.

Quote:
Hey, Chris, I found another one for the list: headlight adjustment, courtesy of RidgeRunner:

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/1st...djustment.html

Edit: found and attached relevant FSM pages.
Awesome, thanks .
Old 11-28-2011, 07:16 PM   #71
TACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Firefighter:
TACOMABOSS's Tacoma Gallery
has anyone swapped ignitions for one with a light around it? like this one
Old 11-30-2011, 09:31 AM   #72
Glitterdick

scocar's Tacoma Gallery
Chris, here is link to OBDII codes under the Technical Chat forum, courtesy of TigerFan. Not 1st gen-specific, but good stuff for engine DIY

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/tec...ror-codes.html
Old 11-30-2011, 04:31 PM   #74
Wait for it...

Quote:
Chris, here is link to OBDII codes under the Technical Chat forum, courtesy of TigerFan. Not 1st gen-specific, but good stuff for engine DIY

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/tec...ror-codes.html

Added, thanks again
Old 12-01-2011, 01:38 PM   #75
Neighborhood Know-it-all
Box Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
Box Rocket's Tacoma Gallery
[QUOTE=StAndrew;3845515]Added this little gem:

Light Racing UCA Install Video for 1st Gen Tacoma's:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FL9iE...age[/QUOTE]

Thanks for posting this. It's on my list of things to do.
Old 12-02-2011, 07:47 PM   #76
SNAPPIN NECKS AND CASHIN CHECKS.
EL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: BURRY
EL TACOROJO's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to EL TACOROJO
Quote:
Originally Posted by TACOMABOSS View Post
has anyone swapped ignitions for one with a light around it? like this one
anyone ?
Old 12-04-2011, 08:59 PM   #78
Wait for it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Box Rocket View Post
Thanks for posting this. It's on my list of things to do.
GL, its kind of a PITA.
Old 12-05-2011, 10:16 PM   #79
Toyota 4 ever is on a distinguished road
Navy:
Toyota 4 ever's Tacoma Gallery
I have a 1st gen. Can someone do a write up regarding adding a dome light on a (inside) rear view mirror? My truck just has a cover for the mounting screws. But I seen some tacomas have actual dome light right on the mirror. I just have one really dim light in the middle of the extended cab. Thanks guys.
Old 12-06-2011, 04:58 PM   #80
TACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Firefighter:
TACOMABOSS's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyota 4 ever View Post
I have a 1st gen. Can someone do a write up regarding adding a dome light on a (inside) rear view mirror? My truck just has a cover for the mounting screws. But I seen some tacomas have actual dome light right on the mirror. I just have one really dim light in the middle of the extended cab. Thanks guys.
Im not positive but I think the regular cabs had the light on the rear view mirror