Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

After market air filter

Old 05-28-2008, 06:46 PM   #1
4421.frank is on a distinguished road
4421.frank's Tacoma Gallery
After market air filter

I put an after market "cold air intake" on my 02 taco a year ago. I remember the website said it was "washable". How does one do this? Should I really wash it? Or should take compressed air and blow it out from the center? Is k&n cold air intakes all that better? What one would think to be the best for the money? How bout some good advice on Beefing up my suspension? It is a 2wd only double cab v6. Thanx and go tacos
Old 05-28-2008, 06:54 PM   #2
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4421.frank View Post
I put an after market "cold air intake" on my 02 taco a year ago. I remember the website said it was "washable". How does one do this? Should I really wash it? Or should take compressed air and blow it out from the center? Is k&n cold air intakes all that better? What one would think to be the best for the money? How bout some good advice on Beefing up my suspension? It is a 2wd only double cab v6. Thanx and go tacos
To clean your filter, I would use a K&N cleaning kit. Dont use compressed air. There are instructions on the box. Follow them and you should be good. As for your suspension, well, what do you want it to do? What do you want to do in your truck? There are tons of posts on suspensions, search around and decide how high you want to go.
Old 05-28-2008, 07:18 PM   #3
4421.frank is on a distinguished road
4421.frank's Tacoma Gallery
I didn't buy a k&n air filter although it looked just like it. Plus I don't have the box anymore.
Old 05-28-2008, 07:20 PM   #4
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4421.frank View Post
I didn't buy a k&n air filter although it looked just like it. Plus I don't have the box anymore.
It doesnt matter. The K&N is the most readilly availible, inexpensive, and it will do just fine. It is an oiled filter, right?
Old 05-29-2008, 12:25 PM   #5
AFBombdude is on a distinguished road
Air Force: Giving the enemy a chance to die for his country
AFBombdude's Tacoma Gallery
You should be able to go to your local auto parts chain store (autozone, checker) and buy a cleaning kit. The instructions are with it.
Old 05-29-2008, 05:44 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janster View Post
Or...buy an AFE dry-flo (cleanable) filter. There's a group buy for one.
Even better idea!
Old 05-29-2008, 05:48 PM   #8
668: The Neighbor of the Beast
Toy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chad
Toy4Life's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janster View Post
Or...buy an AFE dry-flo (cleanable) filter. There's a group buy for one.
No, he's got the 3.4L which so far isn't included on the group buy. Well, he could still get one on his own, but I think a cleaning kit would satisfy his needs.
Old 05-29-2008, 06:02 PM   #9
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy4Life View Post
No, he's got the 3.4L which so far isn't included on the group buy. Well, he could still get one on his own, but I think a cleaning kit would satisfy his needs.
yeah, and the cleaning kits are only about $10.