Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

99 Brush guard on an 02?

Old 05-29-2008, 12:58 PM   #1
668: The Neighbor of the Beast
Toy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chad
Toy4Life's Tacoma Gallery
99 Brush guard on an 02?

I found a used brush guard from a 99 Tacoma. I'm not sure what brand the guard is, but I'm wondering if it will bolt up to my 02. I'm thinking it will, but wanted to get some 2nd opinions first. Anyone have a clue?
Old 05-29-2008, 01:58 PM   #2
Toy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Bump, anyone?
Old 05-29-2008, 02:03 PM   #3
Ridgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Frank
Ridgerunner's Tacoma Gallery
Hey Toy all I can offer is pretty much everything except the headlight design are the same on the two-you're gonna have to do a test fit
Old 05-29-2008, 02:11 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridgerunner View Post
Hey Toy all I can offer is pretty much everything except the headlight design are the same on the two-you're gonna have to do a test fit
Thanks for the response. Thats what I figured. For $50, tis is real hard to pass up.
Old 05-29-2008, 02:40 PM   #5
Ridgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Frank
Ridgerunner's Tacoma Gallery
That's a STEAL for that unit my lil bullbar was $300 new great find-get pics here after install
Old 05-29-2008, 04:13 PM   #6
bite me
humanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shed

humanoid's Tacoma Gallery
It may look funny from the side because the bumpers are different, but it should fit.
Old 05-29-2008, 04:16 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by humanoid View Post
It may look funny from the side because the bumpers are different, but it should fit.
What brand is your brushguard? It looks identical to the one I want to buy.
Old 05-29-2008, 04:18 PM   #8
bite me
humanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shed

humanoid's Tacoma Gallery
It's a WAAG.
Old 05-29-2008, 04:19 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by humanoid View Post
It's a WAAG.
Thanks. The owner didn't know what brand, only had a part # and I didn't ask for it.
Old 06-21-2008, 02:13 AM   #10
TRD
NotstockTRD is a jewel in the roughNotstockTRD is a jewel in the roughNotstockTRD is a jewel in the roughNotstockTRD is a jewel in the rough

NotstockTRD's Tacoma Gallery
It will fit,trustme. I took a smittybilt brushguard off a 96' and sold it to my friend who drives an 03'
Old 06-21-2008, 10:22 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotstockTRD View Post
It will fit,trustme. I took a smittybilt brushguard off a 96' and sold it to my friend who drives an 03'
Thanks, I'm waiting on new mounting brackets from Manik.
Old 06-21-2008, 10:38 AM   #12
Northern Alliance: padawan
RoadKill is on a distinguished road

RoadKill's Tacoma Gallery
I got one too, model fits from 95 to 2005
same bolt patern on frame
Old 06-21-2008, 10:46 AM   #13

$50 for brushgaurd and $32 + $15 shipping for new brackets. Total: $97, I can't complain.
Old 06-21-2008, 05:15 PM   #14
Northern Alliance: padawan
RoadKill is on a distinguished road

RoadKill's Tacoma Gallery
Indeed a very good deal, it's exacly the one I have and it's from dealsofsteel.com
It's they're own no name brand, I like it very much but waited a 40 days to receive it and customer support sucks big time, they made me wait for an hour at least 4 times knowing it was a costly daytime long distance call, I guess they were hoping that i would hang up...
cost: 249.00$ they say no shipping costs but once I had paid for it they sent me an other invoice for a 65$ shipping extra, received it with bent brackets too and not from shipping since they were painted after beeing bent.

So anyways, very nice and good deal! I'm happy for you, I like the mean look it gives to our tacos.