Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

trd boost gauge

Old 06-02-2010, 10:29 AM   #1
4421.frank is on a distinguished road
4421.frank's Tacoma Gallery
trd boost gauge

where can I get a new trd boost gauge for my first gen ?
Old 06-02-2010, 11:35 AM   #2
snwbdr is on a distinguished road
Army:
snwbdr's Tacoma Gallery
ebay, dealer, trdpart4u.com, google.....

Any particular reason you're set on the TRD model? I've got an autometer guage that I like
Old 06-02-2010, 11:58 AM   #3
Quote:
Originally Posted by snwbdr View Post
ebay, dealer, trdpart4u.com, google.....

Any particular reason you're set on the TRD model? I've got an autometer guage that I like
I tend to stick with trd stuff, mainly because of it being engineered for our vehicles but also for some asthetic reasons as well. What does this autometer gauge look like? got any pics? thanks for input
Old 06-02-2010, 12:10 PM   #4
el tráfico más lento se queda derecha
SManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SManZ's Tacoma Gallery
Try www.totallytwistedcreations.com and contact Glen. I ordered mine towards the end of last week and received it yesterday. I dunno how many he has left in stock though.

I tried ordering through TRDParts4U first because their price was great. After they processed my order they emailed to say that they could not get it anymore because it had been discontinued. So whatever's out there is all that's left if thats true.

I had no luck finding any on eBay.
Old 06-02-2010, 12:12 PM   #5
SManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SManZ's Tacoma Gallery
Oh, I went with the TRD gauge because the Autometer ones I was looking at went up to 30psi. For a 6-8psi S/C the needle would barely move. The scale on the Autometer gauges didn't match my application.

TRD's gauge goes to 10psi and measures vacuum as well so it was perfect. The only thing I need to do is swap the white bulbs for red ones so they match my other Autometer ES gauges.
Old 06-02-2010, 04:53 PM   #6
snwbdr is on a distinguished road
Army:
snwbdr's Tacoma Gallery
My autometer guage measures vacuum also and it has a decent amount of needle movement.....but then again it's all user choice....don't have any pics but i can get some
Old 06-02-2010, 05:14 PM   #7
EnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shed
EnolaGaia's Tacoma Gallery
The TRD-branded boost gauges were sourced from Autometer.
Old 06-03-2010, 02:27 AM   #8
I contacted both, the twisted site replied they were out of em but there was an order coming up. One thing struck me odd though, when I looked at the description of the part on the website it sayS

"Gauge Pod Sold Sperately" http://www.totallytwistedcreations.c...t_gauge_0.html

wtf does that mean? poor spelling aside?
Old 06-03-2010, 03:10 AM   #9

SManZ's Tacoma Gallery
The boost gauge kit normally comes with a gauge pod that fits either a previous generation Tacoma or 4-Runner. Its a plastic cup that holds the gauge.

Edit; Just saw that this is a Gen 1 post! You might want to call TTC and ask why the pod isn't included. It really should be part of the kit. It could be that Toyota isn't supplying the pod anymore, or TTC is taking them out and doing something else with them?

Old 06-04-2010, 02:39 AM   #10
Quote:
Originally Posted by SManZ View Post
The boost gauge kit normally comes with a gauge pod that fits either a previous generation Tacoma or 4-Runner. Its a plastic cup that holds the gauge.

Edit; Just saw that this is a Gen 1 post! You might want to call TTC and ask why the pod isn't included. It really should be part of the kit. It could be that Toyota isn't supplying the pod anymore, or TTC is taking them out and doing something else with them?

this is was the reply I recieved

To my knowledge TRD never sold a Boost Gauge with a gauge pod for the Tacoma. They did offer pods for the tundra and 4Runner for certain year models. We offer various pods for Tacoma, but they are sold seperately. Directions are included, with everything you need to install the Boost gauge. Gauges are universal as there are only 3 connections, ground, positive, and vaccuum.
Hope this helps...