Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Side Steps

Old 06-02-2008, 05:35 PM   #1
AFBombdude is on a distinguished road
Air Force: Giving the enemy a chance to die for his country
AFBombdude's Tacoma Gallery
Side Steps

Does anybody have any input on a product like this? I need a step but don't want a full length tube. They also make a spring loaded one. These are universals. The ones for the taco have horizontal mounting brackets.

Old 06-02-2008, 05:48 PM   #2
Ridgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Frank
Ridgerunner's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah I like the look of those-they have the right angle and just enough 'substance' for a short step
Old 06-02-2008, 05:53 PM   #3
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Be VERY carfull on wich ones you buy. I went to install some on a friends truck, and they attached on the back side of the SHEET METAL! I refused to install them as there was NO WAY they would handle repeted "stepping on". He took them back and got some that attach to the frame. Make sure, if you get some, that they attach to the frame.
Old 06-03-2008, 07:51 AM   #4
AFBombdude is on a distinguished road
Air Force: Giving the enemy a chance to die for his country
AFBombdude's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
Be VERY carfull on wich ones you buy. I went to install some on a friends truck, and they attached on the back side of the SHEET METAL! I refused to install them as there was NO WAY they would handle repeted "stepping on". He took them back and got some that attach to the frame. Make sure, if you get some, that they attach to the frame.
That's what I was trying to avoid. I gues I will have to call the company and find out.

Thanx