Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Need some opinions

Old 06-03-2008, 08:41 AM   #1
danescabare is on a distinguished road

danescabare's Tacoma Gallery
Need some opinions

I am going to be driving from Charlotte,NC to Orlando Florida In my truck its a 2000 toyota tacoma its got about 85000 miles on it. This is going the longest trip I have ever takin it on does anyone have any tips or anything for me. I know about the oil and fluid levels and that is there aything else I should know?
Old 06-03-2008, 09:38 AM   #2
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Routine maintenance..... check all fluids including radiator & overflow tank. Don't forget air filter and tire pressure. Is your battery in good shape? How about running some fuel injector cleaner in it? Check your spare tire -make sure it's aired up. Make sure you have everything you need to change a tire if needed. Check your accessory belts for wear & tightness.
Also - the main upper & lower radiator hoses - give them a good feel & squeeze. If you feel any thin spots - perhaps you should change them.

And - you could also check the fluid levels in yoru transmission & atleast your rear differential.

Hopefully - everything else is good (brakes, etc).

Good Luck!
Old 06-03-2008, 10:09 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janster View Post
Routine maintenance..... check all fluids including radiator & overflow tank. Don't forget air filter and tire pressure. Is your battery in good shape? How about running some fuel injector cleaner in it? Check your spare tire -make sure it's aired up. Make sure you have everything you need to change a tire if needed. Check your accessory belts for wear & tightness.
Also - the main upper & lower radiator hoses - give them a good feel & squeeze. If you feel any thin spots - perhaps you should change them.

And - you could also check the fluid levels in yoru transmission & atleast your rear differential.

Hopefully - everything else is good (brakes, etc).

Good Luck!

I just filled up all the fluids, my battery is still good, im gonna run some fuel injector cleaner, I didnt even think about the tranny or the rear diff i might just change those thanks for the help
Old 06-03-2008, 11:40 AM   #4
AFBombdude is on a distinguished road
Air Force: Giving the enemy a chance to die for his country
AFBombdude's Tacoma Gallery
Would be a good time to put some motor flush in it.
Old 06-03-2008, 12:04 PM   #5
`
rick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rick's Tacoma Gallery
its a toyota, its barely broken in. as far as gas prices are concerned. they are a few cents higher near the exits of small towns. try to avoid them
Old 06-03-2008, 12:08 PM   #6
Ridgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Frank
Ridgerunner's Tacoma Gallery
Whats up Dane-you know that truck was built for the long haul man IMO Janster has nailed it as usual follow her advice. Hope you have a safe trip too
Old 06-03-2008, 12:26 PM   #7

I appreciate all the advice im just tryin to get everything ready
Old 06-03-2008, 12:28 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFBombdude View Post
Would be a good time to put some motor flush in it.

That is another thing i didnt even consider doin
Old 06-03-2008, 01:32 PM   #9

Would you guys recommend using seafoam?
Old 06-04-2008, 04:03 PM   #10
AFBombdude is on a distinguished road
Air Force: Giving the enemy a chance to die for his country
AFBombdude's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by danescabare View Post
Would you guys recommend using seafoam?
That's good stuff!!
Old 06-04-2008, 04:09 PM   #11
concrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Shit deflector
concrete jedi's Tacoma Gallery
Are you going to have a load in the back or are you running lite ?
Old 06-05-2008, 05:21 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by concrete jedi View Post
Are you going to have a load in the back or are you running lite ?
pretty light just a couple of bags and a cooler
Old 06-05-2008, 09:31 PM   #13
function > form
747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

747's Tacoma Gallery
Make sure you take some tp...I went sockless halfway to Vegas a couple years ago because I forgot it. Oh, regarding your truck...it's a Toyota...no fear.
Old 06-06-2008, 06:06 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkeith747 View Post
Make sure you take some tp...I went sockless halfway to Vegas a couple years ago because I forgot it. Oh, regarding your truck...it's a Toyota...no fear.
I never thought about that tp on my list... I enjoy my socks