Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

New Blood looking to join the wagon...

Old 06-03-2008, 05:12 PM   #1
Elwood_Blues is on a distinguished road
Elwood_Blues's Tacoma Gallery
New Blood looking to join the wagon...

...of Tacoma owners. I'll make my 2nd introduction here and go straight to the point. I'm Phil, live in San Diego and I always loved Toyota trucks. I'm in the market for 2001-2004 unmodified Tacoma. We have a '99 Galant, it's the biggest pos I ever had and I want to replace it with a truck. I have an 8 month old son and therefore I'm looking into Quad Cab. Because of insane gas prices I want a 2WD 4 cyl, auto (wife will drive it a lot too and it's easier that way with a kid). So with that said, what are your opinions? What does everyone usually get as far as mpg goes for both I4 and V6? Thanks in advance, Phil
Old 06-03-2008, 05:20 PM   #2
Ridgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Frank
Ridgerunner's Tacoma Gallery
Hy Phil welcome! Hope you find a GOOD 1! That 2.7 4-banger ROCKS according to the guys who have them here and my Son who has 1 in a '99 base reg cab. That lil thing hauls BUTT! I have the V6 but was pleased to learn that 2.7 does an amazing job in handling the doublecab too!
Old 06-03-2008, 05:24 PM   #3
668: The Neighbor of the Beast
Toy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chad
Toy4Life's Tacoma Gallery
I didn't think there was a 4cyl. d-cab.
Old 06-03-2008, 05:27 PM   #4
Ridgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Hey Toy whatsup! Yeah there is one I know for 2001 (my year) there's one and I think it carried thru 2004.
Old 06-03-2008, 05:27 PM   #5
Elwood_Blues is on a distinguished road
Elwood_Blues's Tacoma Gallery
^^ They are rare but they do exist.
Old 06-03-2008, 05:28 PM   #6
668: The Neighbor of the Beast
Toy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chad
Toy4Life's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridgerunner View Post
Hey Toy whatsup! Yeah there is one I know for 2001 (my year) there's one and I think it carried thru 2004.
Wow, I never knew that. Available in 4wd? If so, I want one too!
Old 06-03-2008, 05:30 PM   #7
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Here is a 2.7 in action!

Man, I love showing that pic.
Old 06-03-2008, 05:35 PM   #8

Man I love seein that pic