Notices

OME Suspension?!?

Old 06-16-2010, 11:25 AM   #1
TGurau is on a distinguished road
Marines: Former Seargent, NCOIC
Name: Tibi
TGurau's Tacoma Gallery
OME Suspension?!?

I wanna know your opinion. I have the money to buy this suspension but wanted to make sure that it's a full 3" lift and a good lift to buy. I would get the Toytec ultimate but 1k is just out of my price range. PLEASE, i need your input fast because I'm about to buy it :P

OME Tacoma suspension:
Front coil options: 883 coils (Med)
Front top plate spacers: Add for full 3 inch front lift w/ 881
Rear lift options: ToyTec 2 inch lift add-a-leafs
Rear shocks: 60062 (Normal valving)
Front diff drop kit: Included (4x4 only)
Front shock Assembly: Assembled with new top plates (+ $100.00)
Old 06-16-2010, 11:27 AM   #2
Finks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant future

Name: 'Fink'
Finks99Taco's Tacoma Gallery
I heard it's a great lift. I'm saving up for it now.
Old 06-16-2010, 11:51 AM   #3
TGurau's Tacoma Gallery
do you know the difference between soft valving and normal valving?
Old 06-16-2010, 12:18 PM   #4
Sport Rally'er
96er has much to be proud of96er has much to be proud of96er has much to be proud of96er has much to be proud of96er has much to be proud of96er has much to be proud of96er has much to be proud of96er has much to be proud of

96er's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TGurau View Post
I wanna know your opinion. I have the money to buy this suspension but wanted to make sure that it's a full 3" lift and a good lift to buy. I would get the Toytec ultimate but 1k is just out of my price range. PLEASE, i need your input fast because I'm about to buy it :P

OME Tacoma suspension:
Front coil options: 883 coils (Med)
Front top plate spacers: Add for full 3 inch front lift w/ 881
Rear lift options: ToyTec 2 inch lift add-a-leafs
Rear shocks: 60062 (Normal valving)
Front diff drop kit: Included (4x4 only)
Front shock Assembly: Assembled with new top plates (+ $100.00)
Who's quoting you $100 to assemble the fronts. There is a vendor here that will do it for $180 so I'm interested since it's a difference of $80.
Old 06-16-2010, 12:21 PM   #5
MontanaTaco is a splendid one to beholdMontanaTaco is a splendid one to beholdMontanaTaco is a splendid one to beholdMontanaTaco is a splendid one to beholdMontanaTaco is a splendid one to beholdMontanaTaco is a splendid one to beholdMontanaTaco is a splendid one to beholdMontanaTaco is a splendid one to behold

Name: Colter
MontanaTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Do it! I have 885's on mine with the ome sport 9000's and it sits at least 2.5", but I've never measured. If you are going for a stiffer but way better ride this is the way to go. I''m not sure you will need a 2" aal becasue I got a 1.5" and it sits nice and level.I also don't have the diff drop and honeslty I don't think its needed, but if you want that good feeling then do it
Old 06-16-2010, 12:35 PM   #6
TGurau's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 96er View Post
Who's quoting you $100 to assemble the fronts. There is a vendor here that will do it for $180 so I'm interested since it's a difference of $80.
I went to Toyteclifts.com and they offer to assemble it for an extra $100 as part of the package for the OME suspension.
Old 06-16-2010, 12:37 PM   #7
What is this "search" you speak of?
Andrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Andrew H's Tacoma Gallery
Why would you buy something without fully researching it. Impulse purchases tend to be stupid purchases. do your homework. You'll probably get more feedback under the suspension forum.
Old 06-16-2010, 12:38 PM   #8
Dan
YotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
YotaDan's Tacoma Gallery
Give me a call and I can get you setup with those parts, and/or other parts you may want or need. OME has very good products.
Old 06-16-2010, 12:40 PM   #9
TGurau's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew H View Post
Why would you buy something without fully researching it. Impulse purchases tend to be stupid purchases. do your homework. You'll probably get more feedback under the suspension forum.
I've been looking at this lift for over a month, i just wanted input from someone that actually got it or someone that knows someone that got it (if that even makes sense).
Old 06-16-2010, 12:41 PM   #10
CopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Maximum Security Correctional Officer
Name: Matt
CopDoctor's Tacoma Gallery
i've got it. absolutely love it. firmer than stock but so plush off-road
Old 06-16-2010, 01:27 PM   #11
pavement is boring....
lotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jace
lotsoftoys's Tacoma Gallery
i love mine... sits nice and agressive looking. and off road does great. more flex than you would think.

and i have the diff drop done, imo every little bit less of cv angle u can get, the better...
Old 06-16-2010, 01:40 PM   #12
come on fhqwhgads
pittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tim
pittim's Tacoma Gallery
specs on your truck? i4 or v6? factory bumper or plate? what about winch?

oh, and, ARB says nothing about the 883 coils for first gen tacomas..
http://www.arbusa.com/uploads/PDF/ac...yotaTacoma.pdf
Old 06-16-2010, 01:53 PM   #13
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by pittim View Post

Correct. IIRC, the 881's are the medium coils for the first genners'
Old 06-16-2010, 06:02 PM   #14
TGurau's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by pittim View Post

V6 Factory bumper/ no winch. 32x11.5x15 with the 4runner rims (i don't know what year the 4runner rims are but i would guess late 90's). My rear struts have been leaking for some time now and i really need to replace them because it's a really hard ride.

It said on the toytec website that the 881's were lows, the 883s were the mids and the 882s were for heavy front ends.
Old 06-16-2010, 06:09 PM   #15
come on fhqwhgads
pittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tim
pittim's Tacoma Gallery
Well Wheelers and ARB says the 881s are the mediums, and considering ARB is the manufacturer of OME stuff, I'd go with what they say.
Old 06-16-2010, 06:22 PM   #16
JDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
JDMcQ's Tacoma Gallery
I have a similar setup and Dan from Wheelers sold it to me. Good stuff and Wheelers was great.
Old 08-08-2010, 09:39 PM   #18
That's some tight butthole
malander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: max
malander's Tacoma Gallery
881's and 883's are the same length but different spring rate (883's are a bit higher) 882's are the same spring rate as the 881's but about a 1/2 longer. correct me if im wrong but i do believe 883's are recommended for double cabs
Old 08-08-2010, 10:38 PM   #19
pairodice is on a distinguished road

Name: Jay
pairodice's Tacoma Gallery
got an 03 d/c ome 883 up front dakars out back 5100s all around stock bumper no winch yet rides and handles great feels more balanced than stock front seems to stiffen up and corner better while it actually rides smoother less choppy out back havent had a chance to haul anything too heavy yet but i was suprised how much more it flexes offroad it sits 3 in higher in ft and almost 4 in higher in the rear stock springs seemed pretty roached so im not sure how much lift it will give you if you have any other q's pm me