1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Louvered Tailgates???

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by NH95, Jun 4, 2008.

1. Jun 4, 2008 at 3:26 PM
    NH95

NH95 [OP] Member

Member:
    New Hampshire
    Vehicle:
    95 SX 2.7
    213,000 miles, is that a modification?
    I know these exist...or at least they used to back in the late 80s/early 90s when everybody used those ridiculous tail-nets...but I'm thinking I want one for the Taco...the driver side corner is just starting to rot on the inside so rather than replace it or repair it I figured if those things can be had I'll get one and maybe save 1 or 2 mpg.
    Anybody use one and if so where do you get one? Pictures? Thanks!

2. Jun 4, 2008 at 4:01 PM
    concrete jedi

concrete jedi Well-Known Member

Member:
    Rochester N.Y
    Vehicle:
    06 Tacoma 4 door indigo blue
    Broken and scratched tailgate, cracked rear tail light lens, coffee stain in driver seat.
    I only see them on them duelly's tugging on fifth wheels, maybe check the local Tractor supply.

3. Jun 4, 2008 at 4:42 PM
    MurphMan

MurphMan Senility Rocks!

Member:
    First Name:
    Murph
    Maine
    Vehicle:
    '08 Tacoma TRD Sport
    * AFE Stage 2 XP CAI System * Westin Platinum Series Black Step Bars * TruXedo Lo Pro QT Soft Roll-Up Tonneau * Dee Zee Heavyweight Truck Bed Mat * WeatherTech Extreme-Duty Floor Liners * WeatherTech In-Channel Window Visors * Sony Xplod CDX-GT81UW Receiver * Sony Xplod 2-way speakers * Boss Audio BASS600 Amplified Subwoofer * Billet Grille Mod
    Check with Yankee Truck down in Nashua. Might be a tough find and most I've seen are for 5th wheelin' - pricey too. But the nets are still around and a lot cheaper. The other option is a boneyard for another tailgate.

4. Jun 4, 2008 at 5:55 PM
    NH95

NH95 [OP] Member

Member:
    New Hampshire
    Vehicle:
    95 SX 2.7
    213,000 miles, is that a modification?
    OOooh yeah...I didn't think of those fifth-wheel gates...that would be cool if there was one in Tacoma size...
    I won't do the net cuz they just don't look neat enough plus I agree with whoever it was that posted that about the net (or lack of tailgate) not maintaining the structural integrity of the bed (whose tailgate and bedliner already rattle like mad). Whatever...its one of those things on the back burner.

Products Discussed in

To Top