Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Louvered Tailgates???

Old 06-04-2008, 03:26 PM   #1
NH95 is on a distinguished road
NH95's Tacoma Gallery
Louvered Tailgates???

I know these exist...or at least they used to back in the late 80s/early 90s when everybody used those ridiculous tail-nets...but I'm thinking I want one for the Taco...the driver side corner is just starting to rot on the inside so rather than replace it or repair it I figured if those things can be had I'll get one and maybe save 1 or 2 mpg.
Anybody use one and if so where do you get one? Pictures? Thanks!
Old 06-04-2008, 04:01 PM   #2
concrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Shit deflector
concrete jedi's Tacoma Gallery
I only see them on them duelly's tugging on fifth wheels, maybe check the local Tractor supply.
Old 06-04-2008, 04:42 PM   #3
Senility Rocks!
MurphMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphMan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Murph
MurphMan's Tacoma Gallery
Check with Yankee Truck down in Nashua. Might be a tough find and most I've seen are for 5th wheelin' - pricey too. But the nets are still around and a lot cheaper. The other option is a boneyard for another tailgate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NH95 View Post
I know these exist...or at least they used to back in the late 80s/early 90s when everybody used those ridiculous tail-nets...but I'm thinking I want one for the Taco...the driver side corner is just starting to rot on the inside so rather than replace it or repair it I figured if those things can be had I'll get one and maybe save 1 or 2 mpg.
Anybody use one and if so where do you get one? Pictures? Thanks!
Old 06-04-2008, 05:55 PM   #4
NH95 is on a distinguished road
NH95's Tacoma Gallery
OOooh yeah...I didn't think of those fifth-wheel gates...that would be cool if there was one in Tacoma size...
I won't do the net cuz they just don't look neat enough plus I agree with whoever it was that posted that about the net (or lack of tailgate) not maintaining the structural integrity of the bed (whose tailgate and bedliner already rattle like mad). Whatever...its one of those things on the back burner.