1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

initial lift

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by chidester, Jun 18, 2010.

1. Jun 18, 2010 at 5:34 PM
    chidester

chidester [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Andrew
    Erie, PA
    Hey guys, new to the forum and new to tacomas as well. Just bought a 2003 ext. cab. First thing I want to do is get some tires better suited to offroading. Eventually I want to go with a 6 inch Fab tech lift, but it's a little out of my price range right now. What would be a good lift to start with that I wouldn't have to trash when I do install the fabtech? In other words, is there any lift (besides a body lift) that I can use in conjunction with the Fabtech lift?
    Sorry if this is a repost. I tried to search the older posts, but couldn't really find anything that addressed my specific question.

2. Jun 18, 2010 at 5:43 PM
    Incognito

Incognito No better friend, no worse enemy

Member:
    VA
    Vehicle:
    2012 Pyrite AC TRD OR
    Spacer lift, bumper stickers, ejector seat, etc.
    I suppose you can use Bilstein 5100's with the Fabtech down the road, someone with a 1st gen correct me if I'm wrong.

3. Jun 18, 2010 at 7:52 PM
    humanoid

humanoid bite me

Member:
    Sunny SoCal
    Vehicle:
    I had a '99 Xtra Cab PreRunner SR5 V6
    I would save up the money and do what you want to do with it the first time, why spend the money more than once?

4. Jun 18, 2010 at 10:24 PM
    chidester

chidester [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Andrew
    Erie, PA
    Well that was kind of my point. I was hoping to find something which would lift my truck slightly now, which I wouldn't have to scrap when I do install the fabtech lift. From review of the archives I have found that most people feel that spacers should not be used in conjunction with the fab tech kit. How about coilovers? Could I install them now and also use them with the fabtech lift?

Products Discussed in

To Top