LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Bestop for first gen?

Old 06-19-2010, 08:41 AM   #1
northwest1 is on a distinguished road
northwest1's Tacoma Gallery
Bestop for first gen?

Just wondering if anyone has tried fitting a bestop supertopper on a first gen DC? I talked to Bestop and they said they dont and have no plans of makeing one for the 01-04 taco DC. They look like the newer ones would fit but figured I would ask around before buying one and learning the hard way.
Old 06-19-2010, 08:49 AM   #2
EnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shed
EnolaGaia's Tacoma Gallery
If you're asking whether a 2nd-generation DC Bestop would fit up on a 1st-generation DC, the answer is 'no'.
Old 06-19-2010, 12:04 PM   #3
toycar18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoycar18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoycar18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoycar18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoycar18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoycar18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoycar18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoycar18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoycar18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoycar18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoycar18 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
toycar18's Tacoma Gallery
Try www.softopper.com
Old 06-19-2010, 12:17 PM   #4
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Here's a good deal on a softopper on eBay. Pretty sure this is for a 1st gen double cab. The guy said it came off of his 01 and it's for a 5ft bed.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Picku...#ht_515wt_1167
Old 06-20-2010, 08:49 AM   #5
Here is my problem with the softopper...I had a can-back on my other truck and I gotta say it was worth every penny but... if I am going with a folding type I wanted to be able to take the windows out, I like having the windows (long time Jeep guy so the plastic dont bother me), I like the way Bestop seals against the tailgate rather than over it, Bestop has a hard hoop ratchet style system to hold the front tight and softopper uses a strap (again this is all just from what I can tell in pics...I have never seen either one in person), the last thing I really like about the bestop is that it doesn't intrude on the bed space so much and I really dont care for snaps at the bottom. I do like the bows better on the softopper better and like the rack for the bikes on the outside so I can put the canoe on top still.
Old 06-20-2010, 08:55 AM   #6
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnolaGaia View Post
If you're asking whether a 2nd-generation DC Bestop would fit up on a 1st-generation DC, the answer is 'no'.
Yes that is what I was asking, the other part i am wondering is why not? I am pretty good at modifying stuff so I was wondering if it was worth it or not? Thanks
Old 06-20-2010, 12:10 PM   #7
EnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shed
EnolaGaia's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by northwest1 View Post
Yes that is what I was asking, the other part i am wondering is why not? I am pretty good at modifying stuff so I was wondering if it was worth it or not? Thanks
The 1995.5 - 2004 Tacos and the 2005+ Tacos are completely different trucks with different bed dimensions. The spec measurements for both bed length and width on your '01-'04 DC are actually 1.2" *bigger* than the same specs for a 2005+ Double Cab.
Old 05-24-2013, 01:26 AM   #8
gnstalodz is on a distinguished road
gnstalodz's Tacoma Gallery
anyone try making it fit?
Old 05-24-2013, 01:41 AM   #10
gnstalodz is on a distinguished road
gnstalodz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by taco47001 View Post
Here you go bro....then go to a seamstress shop and have them stitch you up your own design.
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/1st...ouble-cab.html
look who already posted in that thread :P
Old 08-31-2013, 09:52 AM   #11
Mainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Moe
Mainmoe02's Tacoma Gallery
did you ever figure out if a bestop for 2nd gens would fit on a 1st gen DCSB?

Even if I had to modify it that wouldnt be an issue.