LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Crank Pulley and both Idler Pulley Torque?

Old 06-22-2010, 11:12 AM   #1
B-Field is on a distinguished road
Navy: Navy Diver
Name: Kyle
B-Field's Tacoma Gallery
Crank Pulley and both Idler Pulley Torque?

I'm installing my crank and both upper and lower Idler Pulley and need to torque them to the right spec. I cant seem to find the spec any where. Can could you possibly guide me on the proper torques and how to apply the proper torque on the crank so that i dont change the timing on the truck?
Old 06-22-2010, 11:18 AM   #3
TKGN1 is a splendid one to beholdTKGN1 is a splendid one to beholdTKGN1 is a splendid one to beholdTKGN1 is a splendid one to beholdTKGN1 is a splendid one to beholdTKGN1 is a splendid one to beholdTKGN1 is a splendid one to beholdTKGN1 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Todd
TKGN1's Tacoma Gallery
Is your timing belt on or off right now? It should not change timing if the belt is on, crank pully is keyed to the crank.
I didn't torque mine to a spec, put locktite on the threads and tightened them good and tight.
Old 06-22-2010, 11:23 AM   #4
B-Field's Tacoma Gallery
2001 V6 Tacoma Prerunner. All belts and pulleys are off with the exception of the cam pulleys. I'm doing a complete swap of all bearings, water pump and belts. Right now I'm going back together.
Old 06-22-2010, 11:34 AM   #5
My68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
My68ur8trd's Tacoma Gallery
good luck

Old 06-22-2010, 11:46 AM   #6
TKGN1 is a splendid one to beholdTKGN1 is a splendid one to beholdTKGN1 is a splendid one to beholdTKGN1 is a splendid one to beholdTKGN1 is a splendid one to beholdTKGN1 is a splendid one to beholdTKGN1 is a splendid one to beholdTKGN1 is a splendid one to behold

TKGN1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Field View Post
2001 V6 Tacoma Prerunner. All belts and pulleys are off with the exception of the cam pulleys. I'm doing a complete swap of all bearings, water pump and belts. Right now I'm going back together.
Put the timing belt on before you do anything else, you don't want to get the timing off. Make sure the marks on the tbelt line up with the cams/crank mark, hopefully you had the motor at TDC when you started the tear down. AFTER you have the timing belt on, put the tensioner on then complete the rest of the install. You can't put the crank bolt on until you have everything else put on along with the harmonic balancer.
HTH
Old 06-22-2010, 11:55 AM   #7
B-Field's Tacoma Gallery
Im asuming that your telling me to put the T-belt on so that when i do torque the crank bolt if the engine turns it turns everything in sync. How can i prevent the engine from turning?
Old 06-22-2010, 12:01 PM   #8
My68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
My68ur8trd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Im asuming that your telling me to put the T-belt on so that when i do torque the crank bolt if the engine turns it turns everything in sync. How can i prevent the engine from turning?

with a crank pulley holder.

The actually toyota tools makes it super simple
Old 06-22-2010, 12:10 PM   #9

TKGN1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yep, once you have the belt on it doesn't matter. You have to have the belt on in order to do a final torque on the crank bolt anyhow.
I made a tool to keep the motor from turning when tightening.