LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Are the upper bearing plates replaced during a frame replacement for a 02 tacoma?

Old 06-23-2010, 08:14 AM   #1
mjl is a splendid one to beholdmjl is a splendid one to beholdmjl is a splendid one to beholdmjl is a splendid one to beholdmjl is a splendid one to beholdmjl is a splendid one to beholdmjl is a splendid one to behold
Name: Mike
mjl's Tacoma Gallery
Are the upper bearing plates replaced during a frame replacement for a 02 tacoma?

Just wondering if the upper bearing plates are replaced during a frame replacement? Mine are so rusted that theres no way I can get the strut out without cutting the bolts. When I called last week to get a price Toyota told me they're $120 each. My truck going in for a frame inspection on Monday and will fail. Just wondering if these are included or if toyota's gonna change me for a new set.

Old 06-23-2010, 02:32 PM   #2
It's alright...They know me here
Digiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Location: Exploring the Pacific NW including ID, MT, WYO & CO
Digiratus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjl View Post
Just wondering if the upper bearing plates are replaced during a frame replacement? Mine are so rusted that theres no way I can get the strut out without cutting the bolts. When I called last week to get a price Toyota told me they're $120 each. My truck going in for a frame inspection on Monday and will fail. Just wondering if these are included or if toyota's gonna change me for a new set.
Some of the folks that have had their frame replaced have also convinced their dealers to change out items like shocks and springs. As I recall, those dealers did not charge for the labor for those installations since replacing the frame involved having to remove the old stuff anyway.